Finding your place on a DVD-R on the dmreh60

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by pappyon, Mar 26, 2006.

1. pappyon

pappyon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anybody tell me of any simple way of me finding the place on a DVD-R on a Panasonic DMREH60 machine that I want to carry on watching from where I left off the night before.

I think it is an atrocious lack of foresight by Panasonic and the design engineers that they did not incorporate a method of marking your place on a DVD in such an expensive machine.

They should at least have incorporated a way of making chapters on a DVD-R to make it easier to find your place as they did for DVD-RAMs.

I would go as far as to say that it is pathetic!

2. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    You automatically get chapters at 5 minute intervals on a DVD-R when you finalise the disc.

DVD recorders do not have all the features you would expect in a dvd player.

If you note the time in the display when you stop an unfinalised disc from playing then it is not all that hard to FF at extreme speed to approx the time you require to restart viewing.

3. pappyon

pappyon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thank you for your response to my post and would like further help

I have just finalised a DVD-R and can't find the chapters you speak of. Could you please tell me how to locate them?

When I press Sub Menu to get the Chapter menu all I get is the sign like a "no entry" road sign signifying that it can't be accessed.

4. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    On your remote just above the STOP PAUSE PLAY keys are four keys. The Two on the right are for FAST REVERSE & FAST FORWARD.The two keys on the left are for CHAPTER REVERSE and CHAPTER INCREASE. Each push of the key moves the picture five mins forward or five mins back. These are the chapter keys which you can use AFTER finalising a DVD-R.

The chapter keys are labelled "skip" on the remote.
    See this diagram :

http://www.avland.co.uk/panasonic/dmres20/remotelrg.jpg