1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

finding nemo r2 ddex and dts query??

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by mick23, Jun 24, 2004.

1. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    hi all having read in what-hifi finding nemo has ddex/dts 5.1 but the mag does not state r1/r2 r4 etc.

i hired the 2 disk collecters edition english/hebrew vertion this shows dts /dd logo on rear of case.

however running through set up it only appears to have dd5.1 option, does not show ex and does not appear to have dts vertion, can anyone clarify this .

i am only running 5 speakers out of the 7 i have at the moment so not sure if that is affecting dvd read out on denon 3802

dvd cover shows z1r d881232. thank you

2. SimonO

SimonO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Don't think the DD is EX but I could be wrong... DTS is usually selected through the 'Language' menu...

3. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's defo DD EX and DTS ES (matrix) and both versions are flagged...so your amp should pick them up automatically. IIRC, Denons are a real pain to set up to detect flags atutomatically...you'll have to ask one of the Denon experts mate in the amp forum...but take it from me, it is both flagged EX & ES...and simono is correct, go to the language menu, where you will be able to select dts...

4. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    thanks simono/army bloke

found the dts option under setup /language the display shows matrix 6.1 on denon will check to see if i have set flag in 3802 setup , to auto ,

thanks all

5. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,239
    If you only have five speakers hooked up to the Denon amp then it will probably ignore the extra 6th channel and display the soundtrack as DD 5.1. My Pioneer does this and only displays 'DD EX' or 'DTS ES' if I have a 6.1 or 7.1 channel speakers setup attached to it.