'Finding Nemo' on at 6:00 DisneyCineHD

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Giblets2, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Giblets2

Giblets2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +183
    I know it was on at Christmas but the transfer or bandwidth limitations didn't really do the film justice, plus I think it was only a DS soundtrack. I'm hoping DisneyCineHD's broadcast will be better quality for one of my daughter's favourite films - apart from the DOG of course!

Edit: Sky Guide confirms it's DD5.1 so, if you have a half-decent subwoofer, look out for Darla'a first appearance - it's a real subfest!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  2. Coffin

Coffin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,184
  3. westysworld

westysworld
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I saw this on Sunday

It was absolutely mint! Loved the fact you could just about make out the subtle haze of the 'water' surrounding all the characters, never noticed it before! The bit where Nemo's dad is floating in front of those three fish on '1st day of school' was the first time my eyes were out on stalks, the detail was superb. You could pick out the reflection on every scale on his body, and that orange really stood out.

I think one of the cerebral moments for pretty much anyone, (in the sense that you could see how stunning the animation of the underwater world is), was when Mr Ray takes the kids on the 'ride' through to the drop off. Amzing colours and that James Newton Howard backing music topped it off perfectly.

Goes to show that, when you've spent some time tweaking your tv just right, Sky HD is pretty special indeed!

Sorry for rambling :D

4. BName

BName
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +905
    I saw some of this the other month on bbc hd and it looks far better today on DisneyCineHD.