finding best network provider for care home skype calls to mum!

dkek27

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello
My family Skype call my 101 year old mother in the care home via a tablet using a 3 data sim. i was there recently to witness a call from my brother, the call broke up frequently; no wonder she has struggled with it at times! I have suggested other family members try skype calls from the care home using their own mobile (on a different network) to check for better coverage. Is this a worthwhile strategy? any help gratefully received, she deserves a decent skype call!

Try asking the care home for their WiFi details. Both of my parents ended up in various care homes and they have all been helpful about it. I figure its not like they are going to be abusing the connection.

Hi oneman thanks for your reply. Sadly their WiFi isn't up to it, which is why we went for a data SIM. Have since discovered the ofcom site and map which shows the signal coverage by postcode of the various providers. No suprise that 3 is poor in that area, we have ordered an 02 SIM which has the best coverage for the area

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom