Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Finding a FireWire cable??? Where to buy

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by mattrixdesign, Jan 6, 2005.

1. mattrixdesign

mattrixdesign

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I need to buy a FireWire cable on the highstreet, but there does not seem to be much available and the prices are way high (£20!).

I need a cable to connect my SonyDV CamCorder to my Dell PC - not sure of the pin counts at each end but I guess I need a cable that has the large connector at one end (for the PC) and small connector at the other end (for the camcorder) - where can I get one at a decent price (without using mail order!).

Also - is quality important

2. DigiStuff

DigiStuff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi, Seeing as you don't want to use mail order and you don't state where you are in the world, I can only suggest Maplins. Look at their part number TJ68Y which is only £13. Best you will get in the high street I would think.

Hope this helps

DigiStuff

3. mattrixdesign

mattrixdesign

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes spot on!

that will do

4. mattrixdesign

mattrixdesign