Find My Phone

Dony

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I've just been setting up daughter#2 with her new phone but I'm having a bit of an issue.
It's an iphone 6s, which I've added it to our family sharing account. The family account includes my ipad (organiser), my wife's 6s, and daughter#1 iphone SE.

When I go into my icloud account on the PC to check that Find my Phone is setup correctly my ipad and daughter#1 are showing, but but my wife and daughter#2 are showing as 'Online, Not Sharing Location.

I've checked the settings on both phone's and Location sharing is showing as on. Any idea's how I can get these 2 phones to show up in Find My Phone?

Edit: If I sign out of my account and go into using my daughters new account, all 4 devices show up.

Last edited:
Try Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services & check that Find My iPad/Phone is on.

Settings > Username > iCloud > Find My Ipad/Phone on?

If still no go work through this.

Last edited:
Settings > Username > iCloud > Find My Ipad/Phone on?

Yes, that's on as well.

If I login to icloud under my username, or daughter#1, all 4 devices are visible, but both my wife and daughter#2 have the message Not Sharing Location.
If I login on my wife's username, all 4 devices are visible, but daughter#2 is showing as Not Sharing Location.
If I login under daughter#2 username, all 4 devices are showing their locations!!

I've aded an edit. You also need to select who you want to share with on the device as well as which device you want to use for location sharing.

I've aded an edit. You also need to select who you want to share with on the device as well as which device you want to use for location sharing.

Great, got it. Had to ensure each member was sharing their location with all other members.
All working now. :thumbsup:

COYS

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom