1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally took the plunge

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Bobby_Boucher, Dec 26, 2004.

1. Bobby_Boucher

Bobby_Boucher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After months of waiting i finally took the plunge and bought a 42' Viera from av-sales,i went for the stand as i could not mount it on the wall for the room in went in:(
    In gereral i'm very happy, i prob need to calibrate it properly, as whites seem too white, but in all other areas it's gr8,it's just a pity i took out the TV RF last year!
    One thing i will sayis that if i had my time again, i'd still buy the same model, but maybe i'd have bought the 37',as it's bigger than i thought lol!

Now it's time to make good use of the small room in the back of the kitchen, i need a 32' to hang on the wall,things like built in tv tuner are not really needed, the tv will be used for NTL digital, xbox and pc.
    With all the sales going on at the monet i'm hoping for a Jan' bargain!!!So if you know of a really good plamsa going cheap from a good company, LMK!:)

P.S.
    Many thanks to Andrew Collie from AV-Sales for the help on the 42'

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    glad you are pleased but for a 32" look at LCD VEIRA and SHARP not plasma.........

3. Bobby_Boucher

Bobby_Boucher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To be honest i've never been a fan at LCD, I have a 17' Relisys which is ok for PC, but for normal TV and gaming it's terrible, i'll deffo go look at the Sharp and the Vieara do a LCD?Good stuff, just hope i can get them at a decent price:)

4. Pink Fairy

Pink Fairy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I decided at the last minute to get the 42 over 37 and after nearly 2 weeks I'm very pleased I did... you wouldn't believe how quickly you get used to 42 (and I went from 25 4:3). At times I've even wondered if I got the 37 by mistake, the 42 really doesn't look that big anymore.

5. Bobby_Boucher

Bobby_Boucher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had read all the threads about getting a 42 over a 37, but the room would have been less dominated by a 37' model, should have seen the wifes face when it was in the box!!

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
  7. Bobby_Boucher

Bobby_Boucher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Hornydragon, i'll take a peep in the flesh of that one, and hopefully the price will drop a little this month;)