Finally time for an upgrade - any advise please?

Hitlist

Standard Member
Good morning all,

I hope you are all doing well.

I am finally in the market for an upgrade from my current television, Sony kdl42w829b bought back in 2014 which has served me well.

Since my last purchase was back in 2014 I have fallen out of the loop of new technology hence the reason I require some help and advise.

We are looking at upgrading to 55”. The television will be wall mounted in a fairly well light controlled living room.

We will mainly be using the television during the evening time to watch a range of everyday tv content I.e discovery channel, E4 etc along with the main streaming services such as prime, Netflix and Disney +. However this will change in the future due to the wife expecting so I suspect children channels will become the main use during the day. Most of the time our viewing is directly in front of the television and on the rare occasion offset 30 - 40 deg, when friends are over.

Our budget is around £1000 but we can stretch that a bit for the right television.

I was originally looking at the Sony xr55A80j or LG C1 but I am worried about channel logo burn in.

Is there any other televisions worth looking at and potentially worth viewing? I did think about the Sony 55x90j.

Thanks in advance for any advise you may have.
Aaron

tvdavid

Hitlist

Standard Member
Thank you for the infomation. I will have a look into the three suggested units.

I was initially impressed with the Hisense U8G reviews for the price untill I realised it uses a different panel from the USA version.

Again thank you for the suggestions and help.

Aaron

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom