1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally taken the plunge.

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by rupertx, Dec 8, 2003.

1. rupertx

rupertx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Well, ive finally done it.
    With the arrival of Rupertx junior expected any day now I thought I would take the plunge into home video and get myself a camcorder.
    ive been looking at all the sites and doing my homework on the net but decided to take a trip to Jessops to handle a few and get the lowdown.
    I went in armed with my list of best prices too, just in case i was tempted.
    Well..my trip turned out to be one of surprise and i ended up doing a deal on the Canon MV650i which was not on my initial list.
    My best price list said £479, Jessops had it on for £699. We eventually settiled for the price of £524 with 5 mini dv tapes thrown in.
    However, imagine my shock and disappointment when i got it home for a play and found there was NO BATTERY INCLUDED.
    Is this a mistake or do I have to buy my own as a seperate add-on.
    Surely this is a nessecity and should therefore be provided as basic kit.
    Anyway..that aside, the cam looks great. What swung it for me?, well I wanted big optical zoom, this is 22x and also got a free wide angle lens too.
    Now then , can any give me any advice as to what to do or not to do in use.

I feel i may become a regular poster on this forum from now on.

Kind regards
    Steve

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    So you've bought your last toy, for the 18 years anyway :devil: . Oh well a camcorder should be a good one :D .

As far as I am aware all camcorders should be supplied with a low powered battery. The supplied battery would normally only offer a very limited running time for the camcorder and therefore a larger capacity battery is almost a must anyway. RTFM :D and see if a battery is listed as being supplied. Most if not all electrical equipment I have bought has a listing of the contents of the box. If a battery is listed as supplied then get back to Jessops and get it.

Mark.

ps. congratulations on the new arrival (junior, not the camcorder :rotfl: ).

3. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    According to a review I've just read, in the box with the camcorder you should have found:-

A lithium-ion battery
    An AC adapter
    A mains lead
    AV cable
    USB cable
    A lens cover
    A shoulder strap
    and a USB connection kit which includes Digital Solutions Software.

Does it not say on the box what is included or is there not a space in the packaging where a battery should be.

I would suggest a return trip to Jessops.

4. rupertx

rupertx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Guys..
    Thank you for the replies.
    I phoned jesops and asked the silly question.."should there be a battery with this camcorder ?"
    Yes, came the reply and yours is sitting here !
    So off I toddled to collect it. I am now fully equipped and ready to start my filming anything that moves ( and most things that don't ).
    Oh well, you can never do too much practicing can you .