1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally taken plunge.....

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Stonedog, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Stonedog

Stonedog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the advice on previous posts guys...
    gone for the Pioneer PDP-504HDE..
    wasnt actually gonna get anything else so i could save up and get a REAL nice amp/reciever and dvd player later in the year but......... ;)
    ended up getting...

Pioneer DVR420 (actually this was part of the plasma display deal so it cost nothing :smashin: )
    Kef 5005 pack (5.1)
    Teac DV-L800 DVD and Teac AG-L800 AV (these are a definate upgrades from my existing kit so im happy..what do you think? compliment my 504/Kefs till i can upgrade next year??))
    also got the Pio speakers and a wall mount so all in all i ended up spending over my budget...heh..knew i was going to end up doin that :D
    now i gotta wall mount it this weekend and hide cabling etc...
    anyone know of any web sites out there with some handy tips and such as im not what you might call a DIY'er.... :rolleyes:
    also has anyone got any tips/hints for a first time plasma owner regarding calibration...speaker setup....etc
    and more importantly any advice on how i convince the wife that i paid £3k for it all :censored:

thanks again for the buying advice...
    and a big thanks to Andy at AV sales :thumbsup:

Mark

2. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    Tell her the plasma was ex-display, and that there was a new model coming out this month to replace it. That's why you got it so cheap. :)