Finally succumbed

General Panic

Novice Member
Hi Guys :hiya:

Finally got round to buying myself a PS2 (already have a Cube and X-box) in Game yesterday. Got a nice platinum one , which i have to admit is one of the reasons for getting one , along with FFX , which was the main reason for getting this console.
Now that i have the machine and eagerly awaiting FFX part 2 are there any other good RPG type games only out on PS2 anyone can recomend?
I also have broadband and am on X-box Live , is it worth getting Socom to play online anyone know?

Cheers

General Panic

Sinzer

Depends if you like to import, most of the good RPGs don't make these shores :(

PAL
Dark Chronicle 2
Kingdom Hearts

NTSC
Suikoden III
Xenosaga
.Hack
Disgaea
Champions of Norrath (just released or about to be)

RL123

Novice Member
.hack is getting a PAL release very soon :)

You're right about most good RPGs not making it here though

S

sjallen

They're all 50Hz too.

FFX PAL - I spent 180hrs on my first save. Had I played the NTSC version, I'd have saved at least a day of my time. Bah.

FFX-2 is excellent, shame there are no extras for PAL players this time round. Can't wait for my copy of FFX-2 Last Mission to come - along with my Tiny Bees :D

Miyazaki

Novice Member
Not even I, the mighty "Games Guru" can bring you back from the darkside now General Panic! :rolleyes: :D :suicide:

General Panic

Novice Member
Lol :))

Surely FF is a good enough excuse ???

w3dal

Distinguished Member
Im currently playing Prince of Persia the sounds of time, one of the best games i have played in ages. Just 10% through at the moment and im already hooked.

Whats this Xenosaga all about then??

Dal

w3dal

Distinguished Member
Thats alright i can play NTSC games on my PS2. Ill shall have a look at that - ;0)

Dal

General Panic

Novice Member
w3dal , do you have a modded PS to be able to play USA games or is there a disk or something out there to do the job?

cheers
Panic

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
i've had mine modded with a DMS3 chip, works a treat! You can get the Ripper 2 chip as well now which is easier to install, does the same as a DMS3 and is cheaper.

w3dal

Distinguished Member
I wish i could say that i have a boot disk, but i have a Messiah Pro 2 modchip fitted which allows me to play any original PS2 or PS1 game from any region plus PS1 or PS2 backups any region too if you so wish.

I had todo this as i import allot of my games from the US and was easyier to get my PAL machine modded then buying an NTSC system.

Thanks

Dal

General Panic

Novice Member
Cheers for that. Is there a Datel wotsit that can be used to play US discs? Something i've never bothered about before but as a lot of good RPG's don't seem to make the european market i will have to look into it more me thinks.

Panic

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom