1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally - Sorted It !!!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Drogo, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Drogo

Drogo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    :cool:

Guys, firstly I'd like to say a big thank-you for to everybody that has posted on here .... as its giving me some insight into both projectors and plasma's ...

Now onto the reason for this post, ok ... basically at the start of xmas I treating myself to a Panasonic AE300 projector, great - brill - coll ... now my house is a mid terrace-house, and has a lounge-dinner , decked out with lemon walls (Fizzy Sherbert) actual colour .. and pine .. (for effect) ok , problem was how could I ruin mount a screen, and ruin the character of the house, with such a ugly big white box attached to the ceiling ... where could I mount my projector ??? ceiling ???? NO .... on a table, yeap while ok, not idea ... where else I thought ... well how about mounting the projector in my fireplace - and have the projector - beam its stuff across my lounge to my back wall - bearing in mind my walls are plain - yellow - (Lemon Sherbert) ... this is what I did, mounted projector in fireplace about my electric fire, two shelfs to protect projector from above and below ... (heat from fire) is not an issue as its a fake fire which only pushes out min .. heat ... now how about the painted lemon wall, idea .. this is brill has to be seen to be believed... I must have a image that measures some 8ft diagonal ...

Tell you what will post a few pics later today to show setup, and give back afew ideas .. its really cool, nice design layout that works .. total price of shelf, oh about £25.00 ... family and friends that see it - simply are amazed .... and wanna rush out and buy a projector .. moral of this post is - never give up - there is always a way to acheive anything ...

Stay tuned - pics later ... going to post on my web site a gallery ..

Thanks again all at AV Forums

2. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +941
    Just goes to show you can have a projector anywhere. We live in a victorian house and i really didnt want to ruin the character at all so we settled on having a projector in the dining room, which we hardly ever used but spent £'000s restoring. So i have a fixed screen actually hanging from the picture rails via picture rail hooks and wire and the projector is mounted on the av rack, so no spoilage to any of the decor. If you have picture rails you could just make a fixed screen that you can put away when not in use.
    I do like what some people have done which is put an electric screen behind the cornice so it is hidden but i just couldnt bring myself to mess with any of the ornate cornice.

3. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +941
    Meant to say also totally agree with that where there is a will and all that ;)