1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally ordered my Viera - what now ?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Nic H, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Nic H

Nic H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    After weeks of reading and phoning I've ordered the TH42PE30 :D . I tried to get a couple of JL branches to pricematch H Preston or Krish, but no luck. Then I wanted to order from JL Welwyn for £2509, but before I could place the order this morning they moved the price back up to £3699.
    Lucky JL Watford still had it for £2499 so I placed the order there. I also ordered the pedestal stand from AV-Sales so if anyone wants my free floorstand, make me an offer. TV will be delivered this saturday, just in time to invite all my friends around to watch South Africa beat England in the rugby. :D
    So, my question....whats the best way to connect up the following:
    Sky+
    Marantz DV4400 DVD Player
    Panasonic DMR-E55EB DVD Recorder
    Playstation 2

I have everything connected with scarts on my current TV, is this still the best way?

Thanks to everyone on the forum for all the help, tips and advice and also for making me broke.

2. daftmole

daftmole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +386
    Me too!!! :clap:
    Sorry to hijack your thread and congratulations on your purchase, I also finally bit the bullit today and ordered the Viera 42 inch (with free DVD recorder and stand) from JL Welwyn, luckily I reserved it last week so I got the deal for £2509!! I was also told that the price went up today, back to £3695 - a little too close for comfort!! Been a nightmare getting different stores to price match each other, but finally manager to get it, although it's cost me an extra £69 delivery to Kent. Hope you enjoy your purchase over the weekend, I've got to wait until Monday for mine :thumbsdow

3. kevducky

kevducky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ordered mine on Sunday- 37inch but delivery is not until 12th December :(

Thinking of getting the DVD Hard Disk for extra £300- is it worth paying the difference?

4. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +990
    How much are you paying for the whole package? I paid £2298 for the 37PE30 + E85 + cabinet. In effect i paid an extra £200 for the E85 over the E55.

For £200 extra it's definitely worth it :smashin:

5. Nic H

Nic H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Anyone?

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    conundrum of DVD players here does Marantz have component outputs? you will want to connect one DVD by component

7. blindlemon

blindlemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Phone your local JL and ask them to match the deal you have agreed with JL Welwyn.

They are pretty much obliged to do this - and, of course, they will deliver for free :smashin:

8. daftmole

daftmole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +386
    blindlemon - My nearest JL (Bluewater) would not match the deal from Welwyn, they price matched the Plasma at £2509, but would not give me the free DVD recorder and stand! I tried on several occassions to get the promotion, I told them it was a panasonic promotion, and even gave them the promotion codes, but they would not do it. So Danny (fantastic help) at Welwyn sorted the deal and has booked UPS to pick up and deliver the Screen, Stand and DVD recorder, so I don't mind paying the extra £69, for the stand and recorder.

9. blindlemon

blindlemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I see what you're saying - but have you tried calling them since you agreed the deal with Welwyn?

That's why I originally reserved my Viera at Cheadle, then bought it from Bristol - because once you've reserved it at another JL, your local one is pretty much obliged to match that deal - even if they won't do the same deal for you themselves!

I also then got a significant refund from Bristol a couple of weeks later because I had subsequently reserved the same package for an even cheaper price at JL Edinburgh :smashin:

I would suggest giving your local JL a call and quoting the reservation number you have at Welwyn. They should then match Welwyn and deliver it for free. £69 is £69 after all....

10. Nic H

Nic H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Danny at JL Welwyn deserves employee of the year. Very helpfull indeed.

11. blindlemon

blindlemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe from us.... not so sure whether JL will be so keen :)