1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally ordered 42" viera

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by porky1, Oct 6, 2004.

1. porky1

porky1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well after months of reading this review and that review and repeatedly visiting ever Currys and Comet in Sheffield, ( they do have their uses, try before you never buy from them ) i've finally done it. :smoke:

Just ordered Panny TH42PE30 with free cabinet stand and DMRE55 DVD Recorder, got the lot for £2779.99 inc P+P from B E Direct, they have stock and have arranged delivery for Tuesday 12th Oct.

I did try to get John Lewis to price match, but all i can say is they are :censored: useless, it was one excuse after another why they would not price match, and you have to choose between either the stand or recorder.

I am also going to take out an extended warranty with TADL ASSIST, i rang them today and was impressed with their service, price and telephone attitude, 3 year swap out cover £279, thats the cheapest i could find, ive not purchased the warranty yet...anyone got any cheaper quotes?

Anyway, i'd like to thank this forum :clap: and all the kind folks who post advice and stuff, will post pics when Plasma arrives and i've set it up.

Cheers :beer:

Paul

2. lawrenso

lawrenso
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Hi

My parents have been in JL today in Liverpool and they were offered the 42 Viera with stand and recorder for £2,799, with 5 years warranty on the plasma but only two on the recorder :confused: .

I would go back to your JL and get them to pricematch with Liverpool

Hope this is of use to you

Cheers

Steve (Lawrenso)

3. Stevew2

Stevew2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got the same deal today from JL in Liverpool,they couldn't have been more helpful.

Steve

4. porky1

porky1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The problem seems to be who answers the phone when you call, i have phoned 7 or so John lewis stores, Today I phone JL head office and was told that the offer was for either stand or player not both, the guy on the phone said JL computer system regarding promotions was updated 2pm Wed 6th oct

I think it boils down to luck of the draw, i have recently emailed BBC watchdog regarding the unfairness of JL so called price promise, and trading standards say they are currently looking into over 30 cases concerning JL :laugh: , so we shall see.

Paul

5. Steffche

Steffche

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How good are these Viera's anyway?

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Very..... for an SD plasma TV

7. Steffche

Steffche

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Damn....cause they offered an upgrade from my 42PF9945 to the HD viera for an extra $1500 AUD, and I didn't take them up on their offer. I figured they're just trying to get more money out of me.

Has anyone reviewed the 42PF9946 ???? Jus wondering how it compares to the SD Viera.