1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally my namesake "The Molly Maguires" this month

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by maguire, Apr 6, 2004.

1. maguire

maguire
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My namesake "The Molly Maguires" was made in my town and by Sean Connery no less in 1970. I got his bleeding autograph along with Anthony Zerbe, Richard Harris and the lovely Samantha Eggar as a surprise from my uncle who was a security guard. I just came back from my honeymoon and went to Uncle James and was told where he would be......Holy Smokes he told the cast I was just married and Sean (James Bond) Connery said too bad the bride didn't come along(Lucky bloody me). If you get to see the movie my town is where Richard Harris(Jaimie) goes shopping for a hat for Ms. Eggars character, it's also the town that the jail that hung the mollies. As a kid I and Tommy Neast played in the dirt under and a few feet from where Jack Kehoe and pals were hung!

Mick Maguire is as Irish as a name could be, only this story happened in the 19th Century, so it wasn't me. I also hear of few other titles coming out, one could be with Linda Blair called "Roller Boogie". Any Irishmen here going to buy a movie about americanized Irish coal miners and how they handled it? :)