• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Finally making the change

chantrys

Established Member
After a few months of demo's and multiple changes in strategy, I've finally made the decision to replace my Solo with an A32, P35 and CD36. It is on order and I should have it next week.

Just a quick question though, what interconnects are people using with this setup? I'm thinking of using Chord Chorus; would these do the setup justice?

Thanks,
Marcus

norks27

Established Member
I myself use Van Den Hul First Ultimate to connect the P35 to my A32 and to the CD93, extremely happy with these interconnects. They don't change the tone or detail of the Arcam and are very well reviewed.

Oh and gratz on the purchase, I've no doubt you'll be seriously over the moon.

Ambo

Established Member
I use Chord Chameleon Silver Plus - very happy with them! (And Arcam used them at the Bristol Show last year for the AV9 demo, which is a nice informal endorsement) :smashin:

beaky266

Standard Member
I use chord chorus & I am also very happy!

DJBlade

Prominent Member

chantrys

Established Member
Sounds like the Chord cables are pretty popular. Thanks everyone.

One other question: Do you think the A32/P35 combo is capable of driving a pair of ProAc D25 or D28 properly or would I be better of sticking with my ProAc 1SC? My room is 4.7m x 5.1m

killiefan

Established Member
So you took the plunge after all!

I've got Chameleon Silver Plus between my alpha 9 and C31, and from the C31 to my P1s. Odyssey (single wire) from the P1s to my Ruark Prelude Rs. Very pleased with the sound - noticed a real jump in detail and bass control over the Cambridge Audio ICs and Cable Talk, Talk 2 bi-wire they replaced. I noticed Arcam using Chord at the Bristol Hi-Fi show a few years back. What's good for the goose...

No experience of the ProAcs so sorry, can't comment.

Harbornebloke

Established Member
Hi chantrys

I also have a CD36, A32 & P35 and use chord chorus between the amps and signature for the cd player. They sound full bodied but have just the right balance between warmth and transparency. I use odyssey 2 & 4 for bi amping a pair of B&W Nautilus 804's and they blend excellently with the interconnects.

I borrowed a pair of Nordost Tyr cables a while back from my dealer and they gave me a headache within 5 minutes, not good from a £1250 cable:mad:

Just for the record I use chord crimson for my rdock and they sound awesome for £35:thumbsup:

Get down to your local dealer and demo the chord cables :smashin:

chantrys

Established Member
Thanks Phil,

I'm currently using Chord Silver Siren but figured that the new kit could use an upgrade of cables. I'm also using Chord Carnival Silver Bi-Wire for my speaker cable. I spent quite a bit of time 12 months ago comparing Chord Cables with Nordost and I much prefer the Chord sound.

Will go down an try a few of the higher end Chord cables.

Cheers,
Marcus

gorge

Established Member
I compared the Chord Chorus and Anthem for use between my CD36 and A32 and thought the Anthem was slightly better with better and slightly tighter bass.

DJBlade

Prominent Member
Yes, i found the Anthem much better than the Chorus, in all departments except the bass, yes, slightly faster but at the expense of quantity - i felt the Chorus was better as an all rounder as the bigger bass was better for AV - i went back to the Chorus.

Now if the second hand value of the Signature drops, i'll be going for them as they sound much more like the Chorus but with the Focus & Resolution of the Anthem, try it !

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom