Finally LOUD adverts banned!

great :smashin:

There has always been regulation about how loud adverts can be compared with regular programming. The advertisers got round it by messing with the audio so that electronic analysis gave no overall difference in sound level, but to a human ear it sounded louder.
It seems that this is a revision of the existing code to take into account the 'subjective loudness'. Might be hard to enforce though.

From CAP website:
"Advertisements must not be excessively noisy or strident. The maximum subjective loudness of advertisements must be consistent and in line with the maximum loudness of programmes and junction material. "

I have to admit, my solution was better. Give up watching commercial TV :D

There has always been regulation about how loud adverts can be compared with regular programming. The advertisers got round it by messing with the audio so that electronic analysis gave no overall difference in sound level, but to a human ear it sounded louder.
It seems that this is a revision of the existing code to take into account the 'subjective loudness'. Might be hard to enforce though.

From CAP website:
"Advertisements must not be excessively noisy or strident. The maximum subjective loudness of advertisements must be consistent and in line with the maximum loudness of programmes and junction material. "

I have to admit, my solution was better. Give up watching commercial TV :D

I either hit a movie channel for a few mins or put up the planner page ...

I've fast fowarded through the adverts since i got a Tivo (2002)

I think the kids channels are the worst for this, especially the Disney / NickJr ones on Sky .... very noticeable change in the audio when the adverts come on selling all sorts of cack .... good move!

This is really annoying when watching TV late at night in bed. Always have to adjust the volume when the ads come on. Hopefully this will put and end to it all.

I haven't watched an advert for ages. I usually watch TV thats all ready recorded on SKY+ of flick over to a music channel for 3minutes.

I haven't watched an advert for ages. I usually watch TV thats all ready recorded on SKY+ of flick over to a music channel for 3minutes.

I wonder what percentage of the population don't watch adverts because of Sky+? If I was putting an advert on Sky, I would ask them for a reduced rate as they have invented something which is designed to fast forward through the adverts ....

too late stopped watching tv and started downloading all my programs years ago. only time a see adds now is when I get the cinema too early.

i dont think its a nanny state so much but what the majority of the general public want and have wanted for a long time.

Its still the nanny state to coerce broadcasters by regulation instead of letting the market decide.

It's not even a health and safety issue like most nanny state decisions.

About time. I find too many ads are just too damn loud. Also, it is not just ads. Put something on like something from the BBC with a studio audience and it is deafening at normal volume levels.

About time. I find too many ads are just too damn loud. Also, it is not just ads. Put something on like something from the BBC with a studio audience and it is deafening at normal volume levels.

Your problem isn't the volume levels it's the fact that your watching the BBC. Load of crap:D

Aye, the clapping audience on Question Time is usually louder than the panel speaking. It's just plain stupid.

Should be the same in Italy,where i come from,but some some strange reason the adverts are still very loud.I hope here they do what they say becouse is very annoing.

Awesome! Hopefully that shouting idiot from the Cillit Bang adverts will now be gagged.

Awesome! Hopefully that shouting idiot from the Cillit Bang adverts will now be gagged.

But without him, my bathroom would still be covered in limescale!!!! :thumbsup:

Great news. I never watch the adverts much as I like to use sky plus. But when I do watch a program live its a right royal pain in the arse. About time. :clap:

As everybody has said.... about time. :thumbsup:

I find it worst watching the news as, generally, I don't Sky+ it.

So there you are, half asleep seeing that Gordon Brown is looking more morose than ever and then "BANG the DIRT IS GONE" which makes you jump half out of your skin.

Watching Battlestar without Sky+ must be torture as you have to crank up the sound to hear what's being said in the programme, and then remember to wind it back when the ads hit..

Not that bothered. If i do watch any add infested tv i always record it and skip the adds and trailers, they just irritate me and ruin any programme.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom