1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally joined the club

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by creative-av, May 27, 2005.

1. creative-av

creative-av

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Hi All,

Finally took the big step into plasma today and bought a Pioneer MXE1 from Richer Sounds. Yes, I did say Richer Sounds !!! Got what I believe is a stonking deal - £1799 including the 5004 video card.

First impressions - its bigger than I thought it would be! Looked the smallest one on the wall in the shop but is actually quite big! Have it connected via composite at the moment. I apologise for this in advance but don't have any component cables yet and my Denon 2803 doesn't up convert to component :(

Have to say that I am impressed with the picture. I currently have a Tosh 43" RP tv and the picture is not far off that and no lip sync problems!

Put it straight into FRC2 as recommended by MAW and others on the Forum. What settings do people recommend for running in? Have left the Picture Settings as default in the Service Menu but turned the normal picture settings down but have far do I need to go?

Also, what picture size should I be running with? Am currently using Zoom mode so that none of the Sky Red buttons stay fixed on the screen.

To end I'd like to say thanks to HD for his advice and a big thanks to MAW for chatting thru with me about what the MXE is like and for helping me make the purchase. A big :thumbsup: to you.

Now, roll on that HTPC :clap: :clap:
    Cheers,

Steve

2. dilsher

dilsher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    fantastico stevie -- a grand purchase indeed - and the MXE1 is so mcuh more felxible than Viera type of TVs pple are buying wiv this budget!

Just be sensible for first few days wiv da contrast and brightness and dotn showe too many balck lines over first few days too to avoid burning.

Enjoy!

:smashin:

3. creative-av

creative-av

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Cheers Dil.

Have never wanted one of the Viera type plasmas. They just don't look right for me.

Have Contrast at -25 and Brightness & Colour at -10. Hope this is correct?

Thought it would take too long for me to save up for the Fuji and the MXE does get great reviews on here and at the price RS are offering just couldn't say no.

Get in there!

4. is1111

is1111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    steve if you press backup on sky remote once the program banner is away, the red button/dot disappears from the screen.
    zoom usually doesn't look too good as everything goes out of sync

5. creative-av

creative-av

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Cheers for that. Doesn't the red dot come back after a certain amount of time though? Don't want to spend all night pressing backup!!!!