Quantcast

Finally, it's happening.. a cinema room

hallmufc

Hi folks,

Sorry for another newbie cinema room post but I have just embarked on my first crack at a proper room by ordering my first projector "Acer V6820i 4K"

I am using the spare bedroom for this which is quite small but will only be used by two people anyway

Width 2.5m x length 2.55m

I am thinking of going 5.1.2 atmos with in-ceiling speakers "I am assuming .4 would be unnecessary for the space and layout?"

Fronts: 3010
Centre: 3090c
Sub: Monitor Audio Mass W200
Atmos: open to suggestions
Surrounds: due to the close proximity I do not know what will be best suited as best seat position has the right surround at around .7m away and the left surround at 1m away from the second seat position.. do I go dipole/bipole? I have a pair of Q Acousic Q-AV rears spare that would disperse well and have a slimmer profile but are shaped for the ceiling or floor so may look a bit stupid and not have the best direction unless higher on the wall

AV Receiver: I am going to upgrade my onkyo downstairs to either a Denon 3600 or an Arcam 390 which is currently on offer for 1000 at my local shop ex demo but will probably be gone by the time I buy but dirac is appealing, audyssey xt32 would probably do the job well in this space though

Instead of a ceiling mount for the projector I was planning on having a custom shelf built the length of the back wall, this would help with noise from the projector overhead but also give a lower position to sit on as there is no keystone correction with the Acer. With the picture frame lower below the shelf this will in hand work as a cable tidy

Any suggestions or comments welcome, sorry for the lack of room design photos like most people create but will work on that 😅

PS no comments welcome on the LG Antique and all in one 😂

Attachments

Last edited:

jamieu

Depends on how handy you are with DIY and how much you can make physical changes to the room and how much of a dedicated cinema room you want it to be. But if can - make physical changes & want it as a dedicated cinema room, then I'd be tempted to build a false wall at that far end, put some in-walls in it and then hang an acoustic transparent screen in front - stretching wall to wall - and go for this kind of minimal look.

hallmufc

Depends on how handy you are with DIY and how much you can make physical changes to the room and how much of a dedicated cinema room you want it to be. But if can - make physical changes & want it as a dedicated cinema room, then I'd be tempted to build a false wall at that far end, put some in-walls in it and then hang an acoustic transparent screen in front - stretching wall to wall - and go for this kind of minimal look.
That looks amazing and was unaware of acoustic screens until yesterday.
Long term I would like something like this but short term i am going to use the speakers i currently have in the living room "bargaining chip with the wife 😅" the depth of them will not be ideal for the space I would like to occupy for a false wall and in wall speakers are out of my overall budget right now. In wall surrounds would he feasible as well

For the projected screen size I have space either side for speakers anyway
Now you have just made my first project look like crap 😂 baby steps though and can easily change to that through time

Top Bottom