Finally got TT on my TV!

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by BadAss, Mar 17, 2005.

1. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    After months if not years of trying to get my PC to play a decent picture on my 4 year old 46" Toshiba rear projection TV, last night I cracked it.

Up untill now I've only ever had the SVHS cable connected between TV and Graphics Card which gave a hideous picture compared to my trusty Pioneer 737. Yesterday my ATI dongle arrived from the States (£18) and I plugged it in and switched on only to find things hadn't improved that much! But after leaving it for a while and coming back a few hours later I managed to tweak the Catalyst settings, TT setting, and finaly FFDshow settings (a long night) which produced results pretty much on par with my Pioneer737.

So for all those out there who have tried and failed, it is actually possible to get an ATI Radeon 9700 to display a very good picture on a wide screen TV, through component. (while leaving the PC

The only problems I have though are changing picture setting ie, brightness, contrast, in TT makes no difference at all on screen. Any ideas?

2. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    UPDATE: I can now play Gladiator on my TV in DTS, while playing CS:S on my PC monitor at the same time with my headphones. Not that I would do both at the same time but it's nice to know these things are posssible.