Finally got round to watching House Of Flying Daaggers!

Kazman

And you know what, I REALLY liked it.

I hated Hero, but loved House Of Flying Daggers, I also enjoyed Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

Thought the cinematography was fabulous, the colours, the shots, was all wonderful.

And yes, she is a babe isn't she ;) :D

The story was nice, and the performances convincing, it managed the balance between action and story progression very well, and some of the fight scenes were very well done.

I have the R3 Korean 2 disc special edition.

I was a little dissappointed with the picture for the first few minutes, thought it was a little grainy, but I think my eyes settled later as the picture exploded with solid sharp imagery, I might check it again and see if it is just those first few scenes where the quality isn't up to scratch.

Superb film!

domtheone

Distinguished Member
LOL, I watched it for the first time last night too :D

Kazman said:
Yep :smashin:

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
This is almost too spooky...almost...I was planning to watch this last night too, I've had it for months...but I decided to play Eve Online instead...

saibot

I only watched this 2 weeks ago, after having it at home since last year. And would agree completely.. Not gone on Hero, but really enjoyed this film. I have the R3 (single disc) , the picture quality is questionable but the DTS track is excellent. Tempted to buy the 2disc R3, to see if the picture quality is better and is the DTS-ES track is upgraded :)

dave1de

Gave me motion sickness with all that camera spinning

Steve T

I've had this more or less since it was released and I love it! I like Hero, but HoFD blows it away in almost every aspect. I've seen it 5 times now, which is a lot for me these days.

Ziyi Zhang is sensational, and how about that DTS soundtrack (I'm thinking the Drum game in the Peony Pavillion at the start of the film!!)

I

illustrator

Anyone got any idea what the music is on the channel 4 trailers for Crouching Tiger? is it from the soundtrack of any of these films? :confused:

sh18

Kazman said:
And you know what, I REALLY liked it.

I hated Hero, but loved House Of Flying Daggers, I also enjoyed Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

Thought the cinematography was fabulous, the colours, the shots, was all wonderful.

The story was nice, and the performances convincing, it managed the balance between action and story progression very well, and some of the fight scenes were very well done.

I have the R3 Korean 2 disc special edition.

I was a little dissappointed with the picture for the first few minutes, thought it was a little grainy, but I think my eyes settled later as the picture exploded with solid sharp imagery, I might check it again and see if it is just those first few scenes where the quality isn't up to scratch.

Superb film!
i didnt like Hero that much, fending off arrows with your dress? come on!
thought HOFD was vastly better, great fight scenes too

Trending threads

Trending threads

Top Bottom