Finally got my Sony STR-VA555ES set up and running !

I

iwatkins

After awaiting delivery of our new sofa, I've finally been "allowed" to set up my receiver and speakers.

Wow, is all I can say really. Even out of the box the sound is just stunning. Five minutes setting up speaker distances and levels made is 10 times better again.

This is my first system that has more than 2 speakers so I don't really have anything to compare it to. Even so, watched T2 again tonight and the film is totally different when you have all the sound working compared to the speakers on the TV. Enthralled isn't the word. :D

Just got to do some work isolating the speakers on the wood floor (see thread in Speakers) but apart from that, just the next few months trying to fathom the manual, programming the remote and trying out all the different sound 'effects'.

If you are considering the STR-VA555ES, I can give it a big thumbs up. I can also recommend HotKit in Nottingham. ordered last thing Friday, arrived following Tuesday all in for £759.99 (£749.99 for the unit + plus £10 delivery). Top people.

Cheers

Ian

After awaiting delivery of our new sofa, I've finally been "allowed" to set up my receiver and speakers.

I know the feeling, I was lucky - after loads of bribes like doing the house up to whatever SHE liked she managed to give me the living room to have speakers, large TV's and wires everywhere. Took some canoodling I tell ya!

Brad,

I know what you mean. I've been working up to a proper system for about a year now. Got the TV, then worked on the speakers/receiver.

To get that far I was "required" to fully decorate the room, sand and varnish the floor boards, which then required new skirting throughout. Also had to make some furniture to house TV etc. Then and only then would she consider the recevier/speakers idea :rolleyes:

I wonder why I keep her sometimes :D

Cheers

Ian

enjoy.

Luckily my wife is the one who brings all the films home as she earns the most...but I buy the Av gear.

just this tuesday she called me at work to let me know she had got Lord of The Rings special edition and Episode 2.

I think most women hate the idea of AV until they hear the sonic benefit.

Captn B - totally agree.

My wife hated the thought of "all those speakers and cables" until she heard (and saw) what a properly installed setup could achieve.

Now I (we;) ) have a full 8 speaker, projector based system in the living room:D

Should have seen the looks I got when the Servo 15 arrived and was taken out of the box :) Heh - she liked the sound (after taking a listen)but keeps trying to put table cloths and flowers on it .....

Originally posted by whoami
My wife hated the thought of "all those speakers and cables" until she heard (and saw) what a properly installed setup could achieve.

What an interesting domestic arrangement you must have. Does Neil know that you refer to him as your wife :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom