1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally got my setup, comments please?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by LoCoMoTiV, Dec 2, 2004.

1. LoCoMoTiV

LoCoMoTiV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    having been a reader of these forums for the past months I finally put my hard earned money into an AV setup for my new home.

I had finally decided to get a Samsung PS42D4 and some all-in-one home cinema kit, but at the the store it all took a different turn :)
    The guy there strongly recommended the LG 42PX11 over the Samsung (price was about the same), he said the LG had way better PQ especially when running 720p or 1080i signals and that the Samsung didn't work with those high-def signals (seems odd to me because the spec says it should...).
    He showed me both sets running and the LG PQ with a hi-def feed via component was indeed excellent.
    He also said the all-in-one systems were kinda crappy, and he recommended a Samsung HD-745 dvd player (with DVI output and 720p & 1080i upscaling) + Yamaha RXV350 amplifier and NSP100 speakers.

After a quick check in these forums it looked good so I went back and ordered it.

Does this setup make sense or did I screw up? :)
    They'll deliver on friday and after that I'll have a week to take it back at no cost if I'm not pleased.

Thanks for all the precious help.

PS: Sorry for the long post, just too excited... :)

PS2: I know the post isn't only about plasma screens, I wasn't sure where I should post this... :blush:

PS3: Please don't reply saying "for that money you could have got a PWD6" :) remember prices vary wildly between countries...

2. LoCoMoTiV

LoCoMoTiV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I guess all is ok then... :rolleyes:

3. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
  4. Koing

Koing
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would have said what you said in your last PS3 reply BUT if your not willing to spend that much then that is up to you. You will be happy with your screen.

And yes all in one home cinema kits are generally 'alright' but nothing compared to a full setup. BUT some people are less pedantic about it then others and are perfectly happy using it.

What country are you from?

Koing