Finally got my MC-1 set-up how I want it!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Mark Ward, Sep 30, 2002.

1. Mark Ward

Mark Ward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I can't find the original thread but I was one of a minority arguing that, against conventional wisdoms, to my ears speakers that can handle way below 80Hz sound better set to LARGE.

I WAS SO WRONG! After a chat today with the wonderful chaps at CSE I gave 80Hz "Smalls" all round setting another go. Perhaps it's that I have a better Sub now than last time I tried but the bass is far more controlled and integrated. I can't wait until I can afford a 15" Velodyne! In addition the difference in mid-range detail is phenominal.

I also played with some of the Lex's Effects setting. Bass Enhance always scared me off before, but having read the manual properly I find it merely reduces the localisation and helps tremendously in my system. If you have an MC-1/DC-1or2 try turning it on (default is off). You have to set it for each sound mode individually BTW.

I've never had my set-up sound so good.. I keep digging out all the usual demo discs and it's like I have a new system.

Mark.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    That's not a phrase that one sees very often here :)