1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally got my bedroom all fixed up come check out the pics.....

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by nsl2178, Mar 10, 2003.

1. nsl2178

nsl2178

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll give you guys some background info on myself; I've been floating around this site for a while, making a few posts when I had questions. I bought my first projector in decemeber it cost me 500 dollars off ebay i thought it was a steal. I think it was an older panasonic, but anyways when it arrived it worked beautifully for 30 mins and then died. After waiting a month and half on an estimate, I was told the that the total price for repairs was going to be $3000 because all three lamp panels were shot. So I lived and learned, don't buy used stuff on the internet without having everything checked out. Ok so then I decided to invest in a new projector and ordered a Promixa DPS2000 for $1100 off projectorpeople.com, and it retails everywhere else for about $1500(Im an American and live in the states). So I got that one about 2 weeks ago and my bedroom setup is almost complete. I also want you to know that I'm 17 and still live with my parents but I did save up my own money to buy the projector. But my dad did pay $300 of it for a bday present. But without further babbling, here it is a 17 year old American's setup:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. John_N

John_N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Very nice.

Maybe you should think about repainting your walls a darker colour to help the contrast ratio.

Also I noticed you have venetian blinds at the window. Whilst I have these in my study in my home and they do a reasonable job, they are not good at excluding ambient light. Maybe you could look at putting proper blackout blinds / curtains in there to make the room pitch black when watching.

You may also want to experiment with having a centre speaker if your amplifier supports it. I could only see a left and right speaker below the screen. The centre speaker adds quite a lot of value in the setup.

3. nsl2178

nsl2178

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i cant do anything about the color of the walls(parents painted the whole house that color). As for the blinds if you notice the curtains aren't closed, but they have the blackout material sewn into the back of them. The pictures that are taken from the projector are at the same time the others were taken. And as for the speaker setup I'm working on that. I only got the receiver and two floorstanding speakers last week. Soon I'll be adding a center channel, sub, and two rears. The reciever supports 5.1 dolby digital. thanks for checking it out.

4. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Only suggestion I have is a black screen border.

Easy to do & will improve the perceived contrast ratio significantly. Actually, should dramatically improve your viewing pleasure.

Well done ;)

5. nsl2178

nsl2178

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i got a black wood frame im putting up around it. I wasn't finished staining it before i put the screen up.