1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally got an engineer to admit my sony FQ75 problem!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Nick23, Feb 25, 2002.

1. Nick23

Nick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well... where do i begin?

I decided to buy a 32FQ75 from Allders for £1499 on January 1st. Eventually on Feb 20th it arrived. Between my purchase and delivery time, I decided to do a bit of research on the TV, and came across this website. After reading the thread started by fwan, I began to have second thoughts, but decided to take the risk of hoping that my TV wouldn't have the scroll bars problem.... but of course it did. :mad:

Two days later I phoned up Allders to complain who said they would send a engineer round on the monday, who arrived today at 11:50am. I showed the him the scrolling bars which are particularly noticable when my cable STB is in standby mode showing a green screen. He instantly dismissed this as the cable signal being crappy... So I put a DVD and paused it on a dark scene only to have the scroll bars appear again. He then dismissed this again, so i showed him the scroll bars while playing a video. He did however start to take notice however after a showed him the 100+ pages printed from this forum showing owners with similar problems. The responce from "what TV and Video" mag and the official scanned in letter from sony helped alot.

After that he changed his "tune" straight away and said that although he had never heard of this problem before (yeah!! right!!) I could either get a replacement, and different model, or a refund.

I asked him about replacing it with the DX100 model (as apparently they don't have the scroll bars) and he didn't think it was a very good set. The only problem now is, Allders don't seem to have a very good selection of TV's and the only reason i bought it from them originally is because it had a 5 years free guarantee.

I have £1500 to spend now, so what should I do with it?

2. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Try and find a Loewe Aconda/Vitros for in and around your budget. In all honesty these are the only sets I've come across that do not exhibit any significant problems. Unfortunately Empiredirect recently decided to put the price of the Aconda 9381 Silver up by £130 overnight!!

3. HBK757

HBK757
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1500 notes ?? Buy a Toshiba 46" Widescreen Rear Projection TV. :D :D Thats if you have the space of course. :p

4. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Nick23

I am glad the forum print-outs shut up that engineer. He really tried his best to fob you off with every excuse and tricks in the book. By returning the sets, the dealers will surely pass the message back to Sony UK - it'a about time SUK knows how widespread this problem is. Sony owners in Netherland and France are now also getting this problem with the FQs.

Happy hunting for another TV. (Yep, Leowe is a great set)

fwan