1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally got a 309, need setup help

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by WILD9, Aug 7, 2004.

1. WILD9

WILD9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I just got my new 309 sub home and im pretty happy so far, im a bit confused by my amp tho, ive set the speakers (Elatax Evolution)to small as suggested in alot of the threads, the next step caught me out a bit as it seems to be common to set the crossover on the amp at 80 hz, my amp (pioneer vsx-c100) only has the option for 200 150 or 100 (hz i assume but it doesnt say) is this just that the amp doesnt have the option of 80hz for some reason or am i in the wrong menu or something, also if its right is 100hz close enough?

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    80Hz is the THX recommended setting but many amps don't go down that far so 100hz will have to do

3. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    dont forget to set the sub's crossover to max and try running the setup cd that should come with the sub. If it hasnt PM Tons of Fun and he should have one and if he hasnt I could burn it to cd for you. :D

4. WILD9

WILD9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Ive already PM'd tons to see if he can send a disk and the crossover knob is turned round as far as it will go, im a bit concerned about the setup still at the moment, I think an SPL and a Avia disk would help. On the subject of settign the speakers to small, how does that relate to the crossover, im a little confused as to what changes when you go from small to large if the crossover is fixed at 100hz does this crossover affect the LFE channel as well or just what base is re routed from th eother channels?

5. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    By setting the speakers to small all the LFE channel goes to the subwoofer soyou dont miss out on it. Very few speakers can go down to the same depths that a sub can go to so you would lose some of the bass.