Finally gone for an RME 9632! Now some questions

ocdwhiteboard

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Well, after months of deliberation I've finally gone and got myself an RME soundcard to replace my Maudio Revo. I've just won one on ebay for £235 (brand new) so I'm pretty chuffed. I've ordered one of the AO4S daughter cards from a german company to go with it so should hopefully have all this stuff in the next couple of weeks! :clap: :clap:

Now, to all you RME owners/experts out there, I've got a couple of questions:

1. I think I've got the idea of how the analogue ouptus are going to work, is this right: the main card has a breakout cable which has two female phono sockets on it, I can connect these with normal phono-phono interconnects to my power amp. The daughter card has 4 TRS jacks on it so for these I need to get 4 TRS-phono cables and these will carry the remaining 4 channels to my power amp/sub. Or have I misunderstood it totally??

2. I'm sure I read somewhere about being able to control the master volume of the RME using keyboard shortcuts (and therefore girder), can anyone point me in the right direction as I can't find the info anywhere now. Also is anyone doing this at the moment? how do you find it? Is it reliable enough that you don't have to worry about damaging your equipment (I'm a bit scared of losing my current physical volume control and just relying on software to stop my poweramp/speakers from blowing!).

3. Has any one used their RME to take analogue inputs (such as, say from a Sky digibox) and route these through to their power amps? Is it easy to switch from this external source to PC DVD playback?

thanks
owain

Mark Ward has integrated volume control via girder and his pronto, I'm sure he will lend a hand if you drop him a PM.

Your correct in thinking that the daughter board has 4 mono outputs, the ae8 has 4 stereo outputs. Just connect to your poweramp using the correct cable.

I'm not sure what will happen with routing audio through the card as I still use a processor in my main room.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom