finally gona join live. but few questions

Daddy k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well just ordered broadband today, 2mb bt £9 a month and it will be all ready for saturday.

will be putting in wireless router for pc/laptop.
this will be in same room as 360. is it easier to just wire up the 360 to the router rather than go wireless on 360 too?

also what do i need to do? just plug ethernet cable in and jobs pretty much done?

anyway looking forward to some pgr fun espesh last man standing ;)

and some cod action too

ShadowmanUK said:
Dont go wireless with the 360 if its next to the router, its a waste of money.

Yeah agreed. Hard wire wherever possible, connection more reliable as well. It merely consists of setting up your modem, then wiring in your xbox to the router, fiddling with some settings and you are off.

See you online fella :hiya:

krismc said:
well just ordered broadband today, 2mb bt £9 a month and it will be all ready for saturday.

Do you have the web link to BT at that price?...

cheers guys, hard wire it is (plus its cheaper)

sorry mate that price is for bt staff (mrs is manager)

Do you still need to enter credit card details with these 12 month subs on the ORIGINAL Xbox?

well IF i get my router etc setup tonight and my live demo working i may be on tonight ;)

krismc said:

hell yeah link for that please, is that price right or is it missing a 1/2?

the price is right but its a staff thing (mrs works for @ bt)
soz mate

Use a Wi-Fi for your PC and sharing stuff with another PC, but remember to get a wep key setup. But I would say use your eithernet cable to link your 360 into one of the spare sockets on a wireless router.

aye, hardwire anything you can, only use wireless if you absolutely have to.....its designed to allow portability mostly....if something is permanently sited you'll get far less problems with cat5 ;-)

far as i remember with my setup i just plugged my 360 in to the router, it connected itself nicely to the live service :)

for my puter all i had to do was install the pcsetup file (for WinXp, dont have MediaCentre) and my 360 and PC had a handshake, a quick whisky, and before you know it i'm listening to music from the PC via the 360...heh

literally bing bang boom done :)

There is still flaws in most Wi-Fi Routers, just make sure it is a G one or higher. One flaw in many Wi-Fi Routers is well it hates transfering 600MB of file or bigger, and if you do this on most Wi-Fi Routers well it will most likey stop sending the file.

Discount your sharing then you have to restart it up, also you will not be let down by 360 Live. Just make sure you keep away from the little jimmys who swear lots at the older players, and when your playing fair while they cheat.

They give you a bad feedback while asking for a good feedback from you lol.

not get it sorted yet (lost the card from royal mail so redelivering today)
however i was "given" a brand new proper xbox 360 wireless thingy today, is it that bad i should avoid it?
also can it be used as a standard wifi dongle for a pc?

krismc said:
not get it sorted yet (lost the card from royal mail so redelivering today)
however i was "given" a brand new proper xbox 360 wireless thingy today, is it that bad i should avoid it?
also can it be used as a standard wifi dongle for a pc?

hi mate.

Its not a bad thing, just that the technology isnt quite there yet and will drop more than something which is hardwired thats all. It is bloody annoying getting kicked out of games though especially at the point of climax.

Its not a case of avoiding, more a case of theres a better way.

You cant use it for the pc though. Id be interested in any more freebies you may have!

ok cheers for all help so far!

another one!

pc will be connected via belkin wireless g dongle to router.#and 360 by microsoft wifi adapter

windows is xp how does the streaming etc work?
ie listen to music thru 360/av kit from pc upstairs???

iv got the remote that came free with the 1st batch of 360's too

cheers guys

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom