Finally finished Marantz/Naim/Sonus Faber/B&W

After_Shock

Established Member
Reaction score
The system I now have was in no way planned from the beginning, I was quite happily running a B&W speaker set up in a 3.2 format however an unplanned purchase of some new speakers, along with a new pre/power amp for hi-fi use saw the whole system change, including the TV.

The system now consists of:

DVD - Marantz UD7007
AV Receiver - Marantz SR6008
Power Amp - Naim NAP200 (running through unity gain input on NAC202)
Main Speakers - Sonus Faber Venere S
Centre Speaker - Sonus Faber Venere Centre
Rear Speakers - Sonus Faber Venere 1.5
Subwoofer - B&W PV1D (once the Christmas tree goes then the second PV1D will be re-installed)
TV - Panasonic TX65CX700

Cables mix of Audioquest and QED reference depending on the components.

Unfortunately the picture doesn't include the rear speakers but I will get a further one to show them.

Thanks for looking!

Worth mentioning the system is used 50/50 Audio/Movies Use, hence running the Naim set up like it is, a Marantz CD6005 runs directly into the Naim pre/power combo for hi fi reasons.

Lovely setup you have the songs Faber speaker are really nice

Wow, looks fantastic! :)

I know they say a picture speaks a thousand words and all that...but one pic....one!

What of the other angles....straight on...tight middle wide......I feel robbed here :)

Unfortunately I have no idea, where I live in Dubai they tend not to put brand names on things. Was purchased through a company called Home Centre, other than that im not sure.

Haha, sorry I know I will get some more when off work tomorrow!

Looks fantastic mate, as above more pics please!

By the way how big is that tree? Looks about 7feet? It's HUGE!

Looks fantastic mate, as above more pics please!

By the way how big is that tree? Looks about 7feet? It's HUGE!

This is why more pictures are needed, its actually 9ft with a 30cm star on the top! Shows how big the Venere S's are, was a bit of a shock when the boxes got delivered.

This is why more pictures are needed, its actually 9ft with a 30cm star on the top! Shows how big the Venere S's are, was a bit of a shock when the boxes got delivered.

Indeed and it shows how high your ceiling is also! Ours are 8feet max at a guess.

Indeed and it shows how high your ceiling is also! Ours are 8feet max at a guess.

The silly thing is the ceilings in the bedroom for example are 10.5ft high which is just crazy, my 7.5ft tree looks lost in the corner of it!

Few more pics, apologies they really aren't the best but was in a rush this morning and just snapped a few quickly:
Equipment a bit more up close:

One of the rear speakers:

Venere S up close:

Venere S next to a 9ft tree:

Thanks

It does look absolutely stunning. A lot of work and thought has gone into that!

For music those fronts would be amazing, for home cinema do they make larger centres? I feel the centre speaker may be dwarfed amongst the fronts!

It does look absolutely stunning. A lot of work and thought has gone into that!

For music those fronts would be amazing, for home cinema do they make larger centres? I feel the centre speaker may be dwarfed amongst the fronts!

No unfortunately that is the only centre they do, it is probably a bit of a weak link in the system.

However messing around with the levels/distances it is reasonably balanced, not perfect but im happy with it. Just means the Centre is working more than the others!

Vocal/instrumental the fronts are very good indeed, so far they don't seem to like to dig very deep on the bass front regardless of what type of music I throw at them but they are getting more impressive with time, just not ran in fully yet. If want silly bass just run a CD in the dvd player which brings the sub into action, but as I live in an apartment the audio is set up purely just for the fronts to not annoy the neighbours.

Finally got a couple of pictures after the Christmas decorations are down and have the second PV1D in place:

Closer look at the electronics:

Thanks for looking.

Great set up and kit. I hope you don't mind me saying but one thing spoils it.

That Ikea cabinet above the TV looks completely out of proportion and upsets the whole balance.

Great set up and kit. I hope you don't mind me saying but one thing spoils it.

That Ikea cabinet above the TV looks completely out of proportion and upsets the whole balance.

In many ways I agree, however its kind of a needed item. Where I live they build properties with literally zero storage places, im fortunate to have built in wardrobes which is a rarity.

Regrettably I need somewhere to store the DVDs/Blu Ray and CD's ive got so the cabinets such as that are unfortunately something I must have!

Looks fantastic. Did the second PV1 make a big difference?

Thanks!

They both require some setting up yet, but yes its weirdly not more bass as such but its all of a sudden much more even and its hard to describe not louder as such but just seems a better quality. Be interesting to try a 3rd see if the same gains are achieved, but then its not cheap for the improvement and im happy with what ive got so far!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom