Finally Decided Sanyo Z4

madgames

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Thanks for everyones help , finally decided on the Z4 due to the large image shift, but then decided to mount projector opposite the screen so its not really an issue,
All i can say is "Awesome" i havent used my Pioneer plasma since, just going to hook all the DVD 360 etc up to it
Will post some pics later

Cheers again
John

here you go

Attachments

• z4.jpg
    z4.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 221
Thats awesome mate congrats on the new projector. I too just got one and loving it. Just curious what are your settings for the picture? Did you use a calibration disc because that picture looks great very clear. I'm finding it difficult to settle on a setting. I'm using Creative Cinema and then adjusting brightness and contrast to suit. I'm using a DV-29 Arcam dvd player connected to the Z4 via HDMI. My screen is a Cinescreen V4 (1.2 Gain). Thanks in advance :)

Thanks alot
No to be honest i did it all by eye,
The movie is sin city playing in hidef from a pixel magic mdeia box
I also go straight in from my sky hd box with HDMI , am thinking of getting scaler , any thoughts , suggestions very helpful . i mean will it improve anything ?

Cheers

Z4's excellent for HD signals as you've discovered, but scaler is a must IMO if you're using it for SD material. Have a Z4 myself and bought an iScan HD after a few months which has made an enormous difference to older DVDs which I found I couldn't watch when I first got my PJ (like Blade Runner / Point Break). Also cleans up Sky SD broadcasts a treat, removes all the pixelation I was getting before on channels like UK Gold, and makes footie a lot smoother too.

Hmm sweet
Can i use it as a switcher too ?
i mean put all my signal into it and have one output to projector ?
whats best for component and HDMI connections as i have sky HD (HDMI)
Mediabox (HDMI) Oppo DVD Player DVI into HMDI adapter XBOX 360 component
whats best value for money please ?

iScan HD may not be the one for you as it's not designed to handle HD material (it'll pass through rather than process anything above 576p but that's not really a concern for me right now), there's the HD+ or even the VP20/30, depends how much you're willing to spend I guess.

You can use the HD as a switcher, but I need to run two cables to separate the SD from the HD. I have a component video switcher box & an optical audio switcher which takes in my DVD/PVR, GameCube and PS2, they go into the HD and up to the projector via VGA & out to my amp respectively, then I have a dedicated component cable just for the Xbox 360 HD games.

like the Vp30 connections though
May just go for one, if i cant get on with it im sure itll sell well :)

I know, they sound wicked, so tempted to trade up to one ..

Im acutally doing some more converging, tweaking etc over the next few days and will post my reports here. Just as a matter of course that 1st pic i uploaded was taken with a crappy camera phone so you can appreciate the quality.
My 360 and Oppo will be going into it tomorrow and ill report back :)

Fantastic pic from your new pj !! What screen size are you using and what distance from the screen is your pj

Its a 1.8metre screen
Not measured distance from screen to PJ guess its 2.5m something like that

thanks

for those who are interested another screen shot,
This is live and let die in 720p :)

Attachments

• bond.jpg
    bond.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 111
It seems the missus hasn't really understood the idea with a projector and screen yet, has she? :D

That image is well bright though, but might be camera?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom