Finally decided on the Sony RDR-HXD1070

BillTheButcher

Established Member
Reaction score
After much procrastination (as ever) I've finally decided on and ordered the Sony RDR-HXD1070 over the Panasonic DMR-EX88. :)

The Viera link was tempting but the bargains around, the extra 100GB disk space and the EPG on the Sony finally swung it.

Hopefully it should be delivered early next week so I'll post my thoughts about how it compares to my creaky DMR-E95 when it arrives. :thumbsup:

personally I found the cost of the 1070 as prohibitive just for an extra large hdd , so my solution is the 770 for about £110 , a bigger hdd like a 500 gig sata for say £60 , and a second hand harmony remote to get the new hdd to format and install correctly using the pioneer codes , lastly a second hand £10 one for all remote control to make it region free ( region 14 )

I estimate this costing to be around the £200 mark , leaving me with 2 multi-remote controls and a spare 120 ( or it may even be a 160 gig hdd ) from the 770

but good luck in your purchase as it will have the warranty etc

personally I found the cost of the 1070 as prohibitive just for an extra large hdd , so my solution is the 770 for about £110 , a bigger hdd like a 500 gig sata for say £60 , and a second hand harmony remote to get the new hdd to format and install correctly using the pioneer codes , lastly a second hand £10 one for all to make it region free

I estimate this costing to be around the £200 mark , leaving me with 2 multi-remote controls and a spare 120 ( or it may even be a 160 gig hdd ) from the 770

but good luck in your purchase as it will have the warranty etc
:D I have more money than sense. :rolleyes: And also can't be doing with faffing about as described above.

Ordered on the 7th and after numerous c*ck-ups by this company's useless customer services team I'm now told that it should be here on the 19th. Not happy at all. :mad: :mad: :mad:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom