1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally decided on the Pioneer 435XDE

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by megamac, Feb 24, 2005.

1. megamac

megamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After much deliberation I decided to go for the Pioneer 43" instead of the Philips 42P9966. I am very fond of my Philips CRT flat screen tv, which is going to the inlaws as their 2005 gift! (birthdays, anniversaries etc etc) :thumbsup:

So, after Pricerunning and Kelkooing, I found two things. Firstly the Pioneer is not *that* much more expensive than the Philips after you add the 5Y guarantee and delivery. Secondly, the place I am getting it from is av-sales as they are quite friendly, and offer excellent prices on the equipment, bracket speakers compared to other retailers.

My only question though is what is my option for sound? Do I go for their Air speakers or for is there another, better option for the £200 quid that they cost?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, especially since I will be putting in my order tomorrow morning.

Thanks
    MM

2. Niraj

Niraj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You could connect the screen to your home audio system for the sound, but that would involve considerable ritual and procedure in simply watching the news or some such other program, as you would have to fire up the entire system to hear the news.

I bought the Air speakers for my 50" Pioneer, and paid GBP180 for them. I happened to be in London the day after my screen arrived, and so went down to Tottenham Court Road and got them from there. They sound good and look excellent, a lot better than the silver ones.

If, however, you don't live near London, then you're better off getting them from AV Sales as part of the order, as there aren't that many places that sell them seperately.

Hope that helps.

Niraj