Finally Completed - My Street Fighter Retro Bartop Arcade

NeverEden

Distinguished Member
Hi All

For the past 2 months I have been building what started off as a hobby/project based purely on the fact that I had a spare motherboard and parts lying around and couldn't think of anything else to do with them. It then became a bit of a 'keeping busy' project which has taken a lot of time, effort and a little bit of money but has been worth every minute. There's probably some cleaning up to do etc but I think now it's time to call it quits and just enjoy the machine as it is. I've included as many pics as possible of the build from semi start to finish.

Ultimately it's built off a Raspberry Pi as I decided to ditch the PC components in the end given RetroPie and EmulationStation have such slick frontends. This also meant having to mod the Pi to accommodate the extra buttons and LED lights I had put in before.

Most frustrating parts of this build were really the perspex panels which had a tendency to crack and needed several cuts as well as getting the angles done correctly.

Any questions/comments etc, feel free ! :)

Attachments

NeverEden

Distinguished Member
Thank you. Yeh it has a button to act as a coin slot for now.

Amph

Distinguished Member
Really, really great job. Top quality. Been thinking about doing something similar for a while now but would not get close to that in terms of quality. Well done.

NeverEden

Distinguished Member
Really, really great job. Top quality. Been thinking about doing something similar for a while now but would not get close to that in terms of quality. Well done.
Thank you. The arcade i did back in 2008 was quite poor in terms of quality and finishing. Learnt a lot more this time round.

Big Shoes

Novice Member
THAT is quality!