1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally bought my own Panny 5

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by deightonp, Mar 8, 2003.

1. deightonp

deightonp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It arrives next Wednesday!!!

Bought Panny 5, Denon AVR-3803 Amp and Kef 2005 speakers to complete the setup, can't wait!!

Any tip's on "Running in" the plasma? Any "shoulds and should not's".

Wrong forum I know, but what has been the general feel of the 3803 from people who own one? Any feedback would be great.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Roll on Wednesday

Paul.

2. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    Hi Paul,

Congtatulations on your new purchases - you've got a cracking system there! :p
    Regarding "running in" a plasma, I think the general concensus is to crank the factory settings for brightness and contrast well down for the first 100 hours of use, and also try not to have channel logos on for extended periods of time. Sorry can't help you with comments on the 3803, but I'm sure if you read the amplifier forum you'd find some there. Hope this helps.

Steve

3. deightonp

deightonp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Steve,

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I'll certainly do as suggested, especially as in the beginning no doubt it will probably be on most of the time.

This is my first system, took ages to get the cash together but finally i'm about to realise my dream!! Should certainly bring about a whole new experience to watching movies :D

Regds,
    Paul.