Finally bought my new iphone a little help needed

philip birdi

Hi guys finally bought my new iphone today and just wanted some help,i have a wi fi connection at home so how do i set my iphone up to go on the internet via safari so i dont get charged?i have gone to settings>wifi>then i see my network it asks for password but keeps on saying wrong password,what am i doing wrong?thanks

philip birdi

Think i have got it sorted now guys:thumbsup:

PLASMABABBY

philip,

I had the same problem but I was entering my ISP password when what I really needed to do was put in the WEP key I was using for my network (fiddly) - worked fine after that.
I believe you have to manually turn off Edge if you want to connect via WiFi (even when the WiFi symbol is showing on the phone)and not get charged because I think that the iPhone automatically uses the Edge connection if it is available resulting in data charges.
Will someone please correct me if this is all fantasy?

philip birdi

My problem was i wasnt entering the key thing in CAPS didnt know you had to press the arrow up button to enter them in caps,havent touched anything with the edge settings and my wifi is working fine and i'm not getting charged:clap:

Just a question about the installer icon,i have that on my phone how do i make this work do i just click on install?

philip birdi

Just seen one called showtime it says it lets you record video on your iphone is it any good?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom