1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally bought my LCD

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Stereo Steve, Mar 26, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Finally I have decided on the Panasonic TX22LT3. It was an early favorite purely on looks but it was expensive and less well specified than others. Managed to get hold of one for £1140 yesterday and I'm chuffed with it. DVD performance is superb and it looks completely stunning.

I know it's not the latest set and there may be others that are better in terms of PQ (Phillips is the only one I prefered) but they all look a bit naff to me. The new JVC's look nice but I don't want a TV with a whining fan in it.

So, I'm very happy with this TV and would recommend it to anyone. LOTR looked absolutely stunning on it. Importantly, my wife also loves the looks of it.

The only thing I would say to potential LCD buyers is to try Sky first, some of the channels look absolutely naff, a fact that CRT sets hide well. I'm thinking of going to Freeview soon anyway so it's not a problem.

Otherwise, it looks stunning, runs cool and quiet, uses much less electricity than my CRT and should last a lot longer.

2. Stackers

Stackers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    One thing to note with Freeview is that i believe (and correct me if i'm wrong here!) but it generally allocates less bandwidth to channels than SKY does!
    SKY allocates different bandwidth to different channels hence why some are good and some are bad! I believe that for the same channels Freeviews allocates less bandwidth so if anything the picture might be worse!