Finally! Bless you Yamaha :-)

Damian1978

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

After an unsuccessful period with the Arcam BDP (nice DVD and CD performance but noisy drive etc) I moved to using my PS3 Slim.

Picture was great and so natural but got noisy after a few hours use and seemed wasteful so took a chance on the Yamaha BD S667.

Brilliant understated player. No horrid edge enhancement to the BD pic. Looks nice a natural. Silent drive which seems zippy to and good file compatibility :)

Just been discontinued though :-( £190 well spent!

From where did you purchase said item as I'm very interested myself?

Limited stock at PRC Direct. Can't really recommend thrm for internet orders as they were a joke with mine but it did turn up on a Saturday delivery as they messed up.

Maybe worth a phone call to them if interested or if you want a tittanium coloured one there are 2 new ones on eBay for £200.

BDs look fantastic although it struggles with one of the interlaced tests on the AVS HD709 test BDs but not noticed on real world discs. DVD performance is good but not as good as the Arcam was (but that wasn't cheap) or my LG BD390 was but purchase was for BD only :)

Nice one!

Played a fair few BDs now and its rather good. Film based material on DVD is upscaled well it only struggles on occasion with video material.

It uses a Mediatek chipset and has similar features/functions/menus to the Oppo BD80. Rather chuffed.

Annoyingly found for £158 delivered at www.hiwayhifi.com now!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom