Finally back in the game..

gingerone

Prominent Member
Reaction score
So after months with no surround set up, ive finally got a set of monitor audio vectors with a denon 1910 amp set up and it sounds great...however you really don't appreciate how ugly the vectors are until you put them up and my wife hates them with a passion.
It looks like I'm going to need something more wife friendly, which is a real shame as they are a nice sounding speaker.
The wife loves the look of the kef e305 package and the marantz slimline amp, so back to the drawing board it is.
Anyone else fallen foul of the wife acceptance factor lately?

Yep. Last week I ended up buying a Q7000 package over a used BX package because apparently the Monitor Audios were too large and looked too 80s!? Personally I thought the 7000s looked more 80s but apparently they "blend in with the decor better".
I'm looking to do a sneaky front three upgrade to maybe some 2o20is.
Would have preferred the BXs for music though I think.

Suffering from neighbor anxiety at the moment, think I'm going to have to knock on their door and see if they can hear it

Going through the same thing here too. Though I did end up getting the slimline Marantz (NR1604) and to be fair its a nice amp sound-wise, function-wise and power-wise. Obviously not as powerful as a full size amp, but more than adequate in my 4m x 4m room. Going through the compromise now though looking for speakers. Currently got an old pair of mission floor-standers, needless to say they're not wife-friendly so am looking for some 'acceptable' speakers. Wish me luck!!

It is getting very metrosexual around here. Do men still come with 'a pair' or is that an optional extra these days?

:)

With a wife and 4 kids, mine got put on the shelf a long time ago, haha!!! :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom