Finally... after 18 months... I decided which widescreen TV to buy

K

kev_gordon

About 18 months ago, on 14-01-2002 at 03:47pm, I posted a question and request - asking for help on buying a 32" widescreen TV. Guess what, finally, after all this time, I eventually decided which one to buy. And I really have been looking on and off since then.

I decided on a Panasonic 28" 50hz nicam stereo bog standard set, with no bells and whistles. I've got sky and will be getting a surround kit, so it only needs to act as a monitor anyway. Plus, it's cheap!

Here's the link to the original thread:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=28368

I love the prophetic words at the bottom!

Do you plan on playing back Region 1 DVD's (or console in NSTC?)

My Panny had flicker in NTSC, and I believe Panny's still suffer from this.

No I'm not planning on playing R1 DVD's. My Sony DVD player can't handle them.

And if I were, I would be blocking my eyes and putting my fingers in my ears and going "la la la la la I can't hear you la la la la" because I don't even want to know!!!!

By the way, when I said cheap, I meant CHEAP - due to some funny circumstances to do with swapping various TV's around within my family, I've ended up getting a brand new Panny 28" widescreen for the princely sum of 137.99. So if it has faults - I don't know if I have the right to care!!!!!!

I have also decided to go for a simply panny 50hz set. After experiencing 100hz (sent tv back) and many auditions, the PS1 has my vote.

Getting it from JL nice and cheap with 5 year warranty :smoke:

Which Panny have you got?

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom