1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally 848x480 on my Loewe Aconda!

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Jeff, Jun 24, 2001.

1. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    I had tried this a few times before without any luck, the answer was quite simple in the end. All I had to do was to write down the timmings for 640x480 and then use the same timmings for 848x480 (when you change the resolution in powerstrip it changes the timmings as well). I do get a tiny bit of overscan that I can't get rid of but apart from the it looks and works great. It also make internet browsing a bit easier.

Jeff

2. hudson806

hudson806

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I assume this is using the VGA card?

Can I ask what other resolutions you managed this at, and whether is works at 50Hz?

I've been lookling to get hold of the VGA upgrade for some time, but I'm still a little unclear about these issues

thanks

3. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    I'm using a PC with a Radeon graphics card.

I have only managed 640x480, 720x480 and 848x480 all at 60Hz. I did try 50Hz once without success but that doesn't mean it can't be done.

Jeff

4. LostInUK

LostInUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Jeff,

could please specify if you were using the same timings for 720x480 too? And which Radeon card and Powerstrip version do you have?

By the way, you say that the Loewe only displays 60hz signal when feed with VGA signal. Does that include PAL60 or just NTSC?

I am asking all this because I am going to buy an Aconda with VGA upgrade this week and I would like to start planning which cables and software to get, and then how to tweek it. :)

Thanks.

5. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    Sorry mate too late, I have moved on. I was very happy with the PQ of the Aconda but the screen was just way too small. I'm now using a DLP projector.

Good luck

Jeff