finalizing problems on E-50

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by willncc, Jun 7, 2004.

1. willncc

willncc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I attempted to record the D-Day 'documentary' off the Beeb last night on my Panny E-50. I used one touch recording, and as it got towards the end of the timing, a 'writing to disc' box came up and I think it got to about 83% before the machine switched itself off.

When I go to disc information it won't let me title or finalize the disc. This has happened once before, and I think I had used OTR then as well, but can't be sure.

I can't tell what the media is - they were from Maplins (£25 for 20), and they have no labelling at all. Pretty sure they're 4 speed. Has anyone else encountered this? Annoying to say the least!!!!

2. dude1971

dude1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had one disk that did that, it's only got an hour and 15 minutes on it at SP and it won't let me finalise it or amend the chapters. Still watchable though. Did you get a 'recover' error before it fell over? My machine was replaced by Panasonic when I had the error a few times (happened on RAM discks as well).

3. willncc

willncc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't remember seeing a recover error....

Mine's a multi-region, so if it continues, I'll have to whisk it back to Richer Sounds..

4. dude1971

dude1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine is multi-region as well. Bear in mind when you take it back that you get the 'new one' multi-regioned as well as they forgot to do mine so it's still there :-(

5. willncc

willncc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers mate. I might try some different media first to see its cheapo discs that are to blame

6. willncc

willncc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had a thought about this last night - as I was using OTR on SP, what I think might have happened was that I had already been recording for a couple of minutes, then set the OTR to stop after 2 hours. Given that this would have gone over the available recording time, does it sound feasible that this would have caused the disc not to finalize properly?