Finalising recorded discs between different Panasonic DVDr recorders

Dark Matter

Standard Member
Reaction score
We have a Panasonic DMR-EX769 recorder and wanted to check if other Panasonic machines can finalise discs originally recorded on the 769?

Such as the older DMR EZ28, the higher end DMR EX79 and later machines like the Panasonic DMR-EX773

We have a Panasonic DMR-EX769 recorder and wanted to check if other Panasonic machines can finalise discs originally recorded on the 769?

Such as the older DMR EZ28, the higher end DMR EX79 and later machines like the Panasonic DMR-EX773

Yes - it should be possible.

If the discs are just being played on other Panasonic machines they will play anyway.
It is only necessary to finalise if you want to play them on other machines... and future proof them of course, which I presume is your objective here.

Yes - it should be possible.

If the discs are just being played on other Panasonic machines they will play anyway.
It is only necessary to finalise if you want to play them on other machines... and future proof them of course, which I presume is your objective here.

Yes my objective is to see if other machines can finalise discs recorded on the 769 as we have quite a few unfinalised discs in the process of being used.

Thanks for the prompt reply :)

If you get a Pana HDD/DVD machine, and it won't finalise, you can always just view the disc, or copy to HDD and back to afresh disc to finalise that. But yes, a newer Pana should finalise the prev discs.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom