Final Score Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
I heard the interview with Dave Bautista on the Empire podcast. He almost seemed embarrassed about this film. He's a much better actor than this sort of mush. He needs to aim higher and go for more dramatic roles like his brief appearance in BR2049.

That said no Garth Crooks automatically makes it the best version of Final Score.

Thanks for the review Cas. I Really Like Dave Bautista, but for this genre I'll stick to Die Hard.

This is a very poor man's immitation of Sudden Death, in what fudged up timeline is this even possible to say that :confused:. That six is very generous score indeed mate .

I saw a clip of this when Bautista appeared on Jonathan Ross - have to say, I thought it looked awful (especially the bike stunt) and distinctly DTV.

I made it as far as 45 minutes before giving up. I can’t think of a single aspect that was tempting me to watch anymore of it.
A score of 3/10 would have been more like it imho.

Thanks @Casimir Harlow , I'll give it a watch. Your review has whetted my appetite a bit, as it seems it's probably better than most would expect. You can't go wrong with a Die-Hard ina/ata <insert accordingly> movie for pure Entertainment. I get the quality and execution can be very variable, but I find it more fascinating how everyone that professes to love Die Hard, has such different viewpoints on the sequels and every homage/ripoff movie that follows.

Best example is I absolutely loved White House Down, versus thinking Olympus Has Fallen was just OK. the difference for me was more tone, in that WHD knew what it was, whereas OHF maybe tried too hard not to be. This sounds like the former.

Just watched this Cas & you’ve summed it up well & 6/10 is fair :smashin:

It’s entertaining enough isn’t it albeit far from high octane action lol.

But it does hold your attention & doesn’t feel a waste of viewing ... like the pitiful Escape Plan 2 :thumbsdow (what was Sly thinking on that one ?).

I’m quite easy to please but this was awful I wished I had turned it off but I always have to see a film through to its conclusion!
I wasn’t expecting much at all but was this was too much for me I started fast forwarding towards the end which is something I never do.
2 stars (I like DB otherwise this is a full on 1 star production)
BYW I actually enjoyed Hurricane heist and Anon.

I made it as far as 45 minutes before giving up. I can’t think of a single aspect that was tempting me to watch anymore of it.
A score of 3/10 would have been more like it imho.

I'm surprised you gave it 3, I hung on to the end as I knew this film was the reason they blew up the Boleyn Ground up, I guess they got permission to use the explosives and worked back to find a story, Piers Brosnan must have phoned it in.

The girl (niece) can't act for toffee & don't get me started on the villians meerkat accents.

As a work of fiction, it was very convincing because there's no way West Ham could get anywhere near a European competition:devil:.

It’s ok if you’ve had a few bears and a curry the acting was pretty awful and the stunts well putting your hand in hot oil to get a knife why would you

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom