• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Final retune ?!

transwest

Hi all,
I know that we are supposed to retune after lunchtime today,,,,, but I think my local transmetter has completed its final adjustments,,,, as according to some of my equipment, it's all over.

I am just retuning everything:
Toppy: Perfect - all new channels & replacements
Tosh XV32: Perfect - " " "

PACE STB: - won't bring in anything ?! (this is old & I'm not expecting it to upgrade properly, but I did expect it to keep the stuff that it already had !)
PHILIPS DDR220 STB: This is couple of weeks old & 'supposed' to be ready for re-tune !!

Whilst i'm expecting some of you to say "wait till after noon",,,, but as some of my stuff have taken the retunes/adjustmets etc, I guess all is well at the tranmitter,,,,, unless you know better ?!

thanks for reading,,,,,

PS: I can't seem to get the smell checker on this forum to work now,,,,,, is this because I just upgrade to IE8 ?
How do I recitify ?

Last edited:

prking

Hi all,
I know that we are supposed to retune after lunchtime today,,,,, but I think my local transmetter has completed its final adjustments,,,, as according to some of my equipment, it's all over.

I am just retuning everything:
Toppy: Perfect - all new channels & replacements
Tosh XV32: Perfect - " " "

PACE STB: - won't bring in anything ?! (this is old & I'm not expecting it to upgrade properly, but I did expect it to keep the stuff that it already had !)
PHILIPS DDR220: This is couple of weeks old & 'supposed' to be ready for re-tune !!

Whilst i'm expecting some of you to say "wait till after noon",,,, but as some of my stuff have taken the retunes/adjustmets etc, I guess all is well at the tranmitter,,,,, unless you know better ?!

thanks for reading,,,,,

PS: I can't seem to get the smell checker on this forum to work now,,,,,, is this because I just upgrade to IE8 ?
How do I recitify ?

I'm not in Cornwall so I can't comment on your position, but how do you know the process has finished?

As far as I know there is no comprehensive list of all the changes at every site.

DirtyNorris

Hi all,

Looks like it's underway in Lancashire (Winter Hill), just lost Channel Five and ITV3, ITV4 but the BBC Radio stations are still were they are. Might do a re-tune on one TV and see if they come back.

transwest

Cheers prking,
To elucidate:
When I got up this morning, I had about 18 channels not showing on all items.
I rescanned the Tosh XV32. This brought in all the channels (inc Quest) & the channels that have changed mux's.
I then rescanned the Topfield, with the same results.
To my mind, that shows that my transmitter is now transmitting the proper channels & information.

The new Philips STB hasn't brought any new stuff, but retained yesterdays data.

The old Pace, hasn't brought in anything, despite having about 90% of the data yesterday.
I repeat that I'm not expecting the Pace to re tune fully,,,, but won't ‘get rid' till I've tried everything (I also have a Grundig item, which I replaced with the Philips a few weeks ago – likewise, I'm not expecting that to go smoothly either,,,, but I won't ‘get rid' till its tested out)

I'm confused as to why some of my gear has upgraded – but some hasn't. I can't receive more than one transmitter.

The Tosh XV32 is on a new Yagi antenna, whilst the rest is on a new log-periodic. All new Coax & ‘F' connectors.

Last edited:

transwest

Just lost Channel Five and ITV3, ITV4 but the BBC Radio stations are still were they are.

As far as I recall (!?), these channels are changing mux. Having said that, I heard on the news this morning, that "some people will lose these channels altogether"

Mine started last night. I went to bed to watch TV, but after I found a couple of channels showing NO SIGNAL, I assumed it was all off, & left it.

This morning I was missing: 11, 12, 15, 16, 17, 19, 20, 22, 23, 25, 26, 27, 29, 30, 31 etc.

As in OP, all is now o.k with the Toppy & ToshXV.

DirtyNorris

Thanks - doing a retune didn't bring them back - I've got to go to work at lunchtime so I won't bother retuning again until I get home this evening. Hopefully all will be OK then!

Before it all started, I meant to take a note of the number of stations I picked up (From memory I think it was 98) and see if it changed up or down after retune, but looks like I didn't get it in in time!

ukez

ive done a re-tune a minute ago and have lost allot of channels... i'll do it again around 12 ish and see how it goes..

fernandez

Distinguished Member

Alcuin

Standard Member
My experience with Topfield 5800 and MyStuff 5.61

The main problem was getting MyStuff to show the same channel numbers as the Toppy. After doing a complete search, I was left with three problems:

1 Some channels (notably Channel 5) had 2 entries, in the case of Ch5 - one called "Five" and one blank. The blank one was actually the right channel for Ch5.
2 Mystuff had different channel numbers from the Toppy. This caused the control timers to have conflicting entries - the channel with the logo on the left of the timers list, and the channel it thought it had (shown in the title description). BBC News (channel 80 on Toppy) was 27 in Mystuff. It was not possible to work out which one the Toppy would actually record to.
3 Some timers has appeared that had nothing to do with anything I had asked for.

I tried the MyStuff Z options (Z1, Z2, Z3), and rerunning searches with no success. What did work was shutting down and rebooting the Toppy, rescanning the channels and rebooting again. Only then had channels with blank names disappeared from the Toppy EPG, and did the channel numbers agree. Then I had to go down the timer list, removing spurious entries. All seems OK now.

Hope this is of help to others. Mystuff is brilliant, by the way, if you do not have it, you are not exploiting the real reason for getting a Toppy.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom