Final Fantasy X Play and Help Thread

Oh I am just capturing stuff as I go about my business. Will unlock creation monsters as the numbers creep up - a few more bosses and I can go wherever I want on the world-map. Not long :)

Think I need to start grinding now going off the damage you are doing nowhere near that level. I am not that far behind you. I am in Bevelle.

Auron on my save has been doing 9999 since I think before I even hit that area where you first start capturing. I grind a lot in JRPGs lol

Think I need to start grinding now going off the damage you are doing nowhere near that level. I am not that far behind you. I am in Bevelle.
There is a bit in Bevelle worth grinding - on the long red carpet by the save point. GRIND! And don't walk too far ahead of the save point, as it is a point of no return for grinding in that area.

The mech-type enemies are easy to nail, and dish out a lot of AP.

Auron on my save has been doing 9999 since I think before I even hit that area where you first start capturing. I grind a lot in JRPGs lol
I didn't grind as much, as I knew that areas ahead were much more productive. Decided to move on a bit before too much grinding, after spending a couple of hours on the Thunder Plains ruining Iron Giants :)

There is a bit in Bevelle worth grinding - on the long red carpet by the save point. GRIND! And don't walk too far ahead of the save point, as it is a point of no return for grinding in that area.

The mech-type enemies are easy to nail, and dish out a lot of AP.

Shoot I am past that point. I am just starting the cloister trial. Where is the best place after that for grinding. Thinking I defiantly need to start now.

Shoot I am past that point. I am just starting the cloister trial. Where is the best place after that for grinding. Thinking I defiantly need to start now.
After that you're on to Mt Gagazet. Just after that is pretty good.

Oh and remember that characters need just one command to benefit from AP and will need to have another action if KO'd.

Oh and remember that characters need just one command to benefit from AP and will need to have another action if KO'd.
Yah, I have "steal" or "mug on three characters. I'll use them first then heal with yuna and reflex or focus with lulu then use wakka and auron to kill everything.

Yah, I have "steal" or "mug on three characters. I'll use them first then heal with yuna and reflex or focus with lulu then use wakka and auron to kill everything.
I usually do something similar. Mug with Rikku, Pray with Yuna, random Black Magic with Kimahri, some form of Break with Auron (power/mental), Triple Foul with Wakka, and Hastega with Tidus etc. Lulu usually does something like Reflex. At that point, most enemies usually fall down quickly.

Sometime, I use luck with Rikku a bit, to try and get better drops etc. Not sure how well it works mind you.

Gah... I'm selling this to my sister though (well, trading for her 3dsxl) so I am not going to be playing it anytime soon. I'll probably buy it up again later though as I love this game and I don't want to lose my save... I've invested a lot of time into this game.

Still playing FFX here. Just on to about 40 hours or so. Got the airship. Grinding some of the monster arena beast collection stuff - bit of a drag harvesting some monsters who are terribly shy :D Making progress though - hoping to get to the point where I can start getting >9999 damage weapons and the like. Bahamut hits for over 30k already, so working up to the big 99.9k!

Geebus. 30k?

I sold this to my sister a while back, but there is a Square Enix sale going on right now so I picked it up digital for $20 (along with X-2)... so maybe I'll come back to it soon. I want to, cuz I want to experience the magic before I play X-2 which I've never done.

I almost picked up nearly every other FF game in existence too because they were cheap but then I looked at my backlog, the total price... deleted all other games and just bought the X remasters. Personas are on sale too. But I bought 3 a while back on sale... not sure I'd go for 2 because I don't want to play a ridiculously dated one (even the cover art looks dated and wacky as hell).

Yup 30k. Area creation monsters are pretty nails and need a good amount of beating :)

Yup 30k. Area creation monsters are pretty nails and need a good amount of beating :)
You talking about those ones in the little coliseum after you capture all the mobs for an area?

You talking about those ones in the little coliseum after you capture all the mobs for an area?
Yep, as well as species creations (One Eye etc - hitting for 15k a pop...).

So got all the aeons at last: Anima hits for 99,999 HP per regular hit on most monsters. Magus Sisters do the same - their Strength is up at 255 :D The Delta Attack basically does 599,996 damage. Which is nice.

But Anima's Oblivion does 16 x 99,999 :D Mindy's Passado "only" hits 15 times with 99,999 ;) SHAME!

So got all the aeons at last: Anima hits for 99,999 HP per regular hit on most monsters. Magus Sisters do the same - their Strength is up at 255 :D The Delta Attack basically does 599,996 damage. Which is nice.

But Anima's Oblivion does 16 x 99,999 :D Mindy's Passado "only" hits 15 times with 99,999 ;) SHAME!
Pain in the butt filtering in all the characters before you hit the button on your aeons I bet

Pain in the butt filtering in all the characters before you hit the button on your aeons I bet
How do you mean? Swapping out for AP? Nah, there's a method to that - get some triple AP weapons from One-eye, put Overdrive>AP on the weapons, fight Don Tonberry - 99 sphere levels here we go! :D

If you mean waiting for Yuna to get a turn, that's also easy - give her a weapon with First Strike. Swap weapon for something more useful and go nuts.

How do you mean? Swapping out for AP? Nah, there's a method to that - get some triple AP weapons from One-eye, put Overdrive>AP on the weapons, fight Don Tonberry - 99 sphere levels here we go! :D
That's it... and holy crap. I forgot about the Tonberrys.

That's it... and holy crap. I forgot about the Tonberrys.
Yep piece of cake - just got to grind a bit in Omega Dungeon to get Yuna stronger (easier than Sin, as that King Behemoth always dies with Meteor ... grrr ...). That said, Marlboro in Omega Dungeon always ambushes with that mental bad-breath move that basically makes your party go ape and kill each other. That's where initiative is helpful. Caught one though, so my monster hunting is going well. No way am I bothering to capture 10 of every monster in the game though. SOD THAT.

I just want to nail the dark aeons - bit of unfinished business from years ago... ;)

Yep piece of cake - just got to grind a bit in Omega Dungeon to get Yuna stronger (easier than Sin, as that King Behemoth always dies with Meteor ... grrr ...). That said, Marlboro in Omega Dungeon always ambushes with that mental bad-breath move that basically makes your party go ape and kill each other. That's where initiative is helpful. Caught one though, so my monster hunting is going well. No way am I bothering to capture 10 of every monster in the game though. SOD THAT.

I just want to nail the dark aeons - bit of unfinished business from years ago... ;)
Oh yah, I fooking HATE that mob. Why not just throw a Confuse and Berserk accessory on so someone can heal the rest for domination?

Because my armours are limited; I put auto-med on, but, beserk stops that happening. Need a ribbon equivalent really - with loads of free slots! It's not a killer per se, just an annoyance. Getting the jump on it helps - summon an aeon, let it take the beating and then dismiss for the normal party a chance to get groovy. Just before the monster attacks, bring Yuna back in and summon again... :)

I'm a bit late to the party here. Picked up a Vita back in September and have been slowly playing through this on my lunch breaks at work. I'm about 30 hours in (just defeated X) and really enjoying it. I had the PS2 version back in the day but never really got into it and ended up selling it after barely five hours of play. So glad I gave the remaster another go as it's one of the best RPGs I've played. The story took a while to get going but I love the characters, and there have been a lot of twists so far I never expected. All in all, this alone has justified getting a Vita, and I still have Y's and Tales of Thingy R to go yet.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom