Final Fantasy X driving me mad - any way of cheating???

dynamic turtle

Novice Member
Jesus, is it just me, or have Squaresoft made FFX a little too deep and too hard??

I mean, FF7 was a piece of cake compared to this! Getting all of the summons/weapons/limit breaks was easy by comparison. I think SS have made FFX too time-consuming and difficult to be enjoyable (for all bust the most time-rich unemployed benefit scroungers!).

I mean, I've played it for 60 hours (with a lot of help from piggyback :blush: ) and still feel like I've only scrached the surface. Does anyone else find the Sigil challenges and blitzball incredibly slow & frustrating?

Levelling-up characters & aeons seems to take forever. I have absolutely no idea how anyone would find even 5% of this game's secrets without a playing guide (overtaken Core Design/Eidos as the worst abusers of this facility IMO).

Is there any way I can cheat a bit - a pre-loaded memory card perhaps? Can I buy these anywhere? The folks at squaresoft are clearly taking the pish if they think I'm going to spend all day collecting ballons on my chocobo or dodging 200 lightening strikes in a row to get a sigil!

I don't have Yojimbo yet, but from what I've read, I don't think I want him!

FFX has really put me off the series now. They're only ever going to get more complicated, which is a real shame. Also, I really dislike the lack of aeons in FFX - that's what FF is about IMO, and only having 8 (3 of which are hidden and bloody difficult to get) is really disappointing.

DT

Miyazaki

Novice Member
I never really liked it TBH. FFVII was awesome, the best by a mile, since then it has gone drastically downhill.

dynamic turtle

Novice Member
I played 8 for about 40 hours, but then sort of got bored with it. Played 9 for about 15 hours, but then got a PS2 and didn't bother with it after that.

6 & 7 have been the best of the series, imho.

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
Personally I fing MMORPG's much more fun than your basic scripted story RPG's. They were OK back in the days of FFVII on the PSX but games have moved on now IMO.

dynamic turtle

Novice Member
Never played one, Gthom, but the extra complexity of the online element and learning a (very?) different style of play with this type of game puts me off immediately.

Maybe I should just keep playing 6 & 7 'till I die?!?!

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
dynamic turtle said:
Never played one, Gthom, but the extra complexity of the online element and learning a (very?) different style of play with this type of game puts me off immediately.
The online side doesn't add any complexity, just more fun. The games play in a very similar fashion to standard RPG's apart from that you are playing in a living breathing real time world with 1000's of other human players. Generally you level your character up via attacking monsters, doing quests & exploring new areas but where as in say FF you control the whole group, in a MMORPG you conrol just 1 character and the other characters in the group are other players. They offer an amazing element of freedom in that you can do whatever you want in the game. You can concentrate on learning trades so that you can craft items, or you can build up a powerful high level character for use in Player vs Player (PVP) environments. They take ages to play and become very addictive as you become very attached to your character(s).

They are perhaps a type of game where you only recognise the appeal once you've given one a good go, but once you do you'll be hooked. Virtually all of them come with a 30day free trial as well so if you don't like it then you've onlt spent the £20 or so that the game costs.

I'm currently playing World of Warcraft which is brilliant & very easy to pick up and get into, even for noobs to the genre. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom