Final Fantasy X-2 Play and Help Thread

Det

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
As per the title. So we can keep spoiler's separate and the games are big enough that they justify their own threads.

Yay!!

Now if anyone has a clue how to play Last Mission it'd be a great help lol.

I'm playing through X before I go to X-2... to refresh my memory of the world before I get too involved in character progression that's too far away from what's set in X.

Just got the plat.

It was an extremely tough slog, but it's the first time I have played any FF game to such an extent - and believe me, getting the plat requires you to experience every aspect of the game.

Stunning game.

Just got the plat.

It was an extremely tough slog, but it's the first time I have played any FF game to such an extent - and believe me, getting the plat requires you to experience every aspect of the game.

Stunning game.
That's quite a feat. I put 60 hours into FFX and only managed 27% trophies.

Lol I dread to think how many hours it's taken me. I've been playing it most days since it was released! I played the main game twice, and then Last Mission is like a whole separate entity!

I'll leave it a while until I attempt FFX again....got Bravely Default on the 3DS to play now. :confused:

Ha. I want a 3ds specifically for Bravely Default so let me know if it's good enough to spend 200 on the system and game

Ha. I want a 3ds specifically for Bravely Default so let me know if it's good enough to spend 200 on the system and game
Will do! I'm hoping it doesn't stray too far from traditional JRPG goodness as I'm a creature of habit and a bit old fashioned like that lol.

Will do! I'm hoping it doesn't stray too far from traditional JRPG goodness as I'm a creature of habit and a bit old fashioned like that lol.
Me too but I adapted with Tales pretty easily which is pretty broad on the spectrum.

Or do you mean in terms of an active battle system and magic and attacks type gameplay?

Or do you mean in terms of an active battle system and magic and attacks type gameplay?
Yea the battle system.

I watched a quick video trailer of it last night, in fear of getting spoilers, but as soon as I saw the words 'Fira' and 'Blizzara' pop up on screen, I knew I would be in familiar territory lol...so all is good. :D

Yea the battle system.

I watched a quick video trailer of it last night, in fear of getting spoilers, but as soon as I saw the words 'Fira' and 'Blizzara' pop up on screen, I knew I would be in familiar territory lol...so all is good. :D
ROFL... yah, I saw those too and was like "Yah, I'm good to go" and that's why I've been wanting that game for a while now.

Garment grids, dresspheres...what the?!?!?

I can see this is going to take a little bit of getting used to. I was expecting...just more FFX really!

Lol. It's super girly

That's all I remember from when my buddy played it.

Struggling to get into this like I did FFX.

Not so keen on the battle mechanics. It's a bit too fast and frantic and I just end up clicking like a maniac and haven't got time to check how good/damaging each type of attack is (especially as there's a pause between issuing the command and the character being ready to action it, during which time you have other commands to issue). Also, can't be bothered with swapping dresspheres mid battle - haven't seemed to need to as yet (though maybe that will come later).

Also, I've had no desire to level up all my characters fairly evenly like I did on FFX - am I gonna regret that later or can I mainly stick with the initial three?

Story hasn't grabbed me yet.

And I don't really like the episodic nature of it either.

And then there's the annoying pause before you can click X after the game shows you your post-battle swag.

And as Det says.....man, it's girly! Or is it disturbingly pervy....I can't decide.

Still....I shall persevere. At least they've transformed Yuna from religious goody-two-shoes to rampant hotty. :)

lol.

Go back and play FFX. There is a lot to do. I fell in love with Blitzball, but freakin JASSU LICKS CHODE!!! So I cut him from my team and it turns out you have to recruit dudes in the game to play on your team (which I didn't know) so now I can't play anymore games till I beat the regular game and go back and recruit people to play. But he could not learn a SINGLE ability and his stats licked proverbial balls... basically he's just a big fat ball licker.

Also, can't be bothered with swapping dresspheres mid battle - haven't seemed to need to as yet (though maybe that will come later).

I only really swapped dress spheres for the trophy lol. You might need to use a character's Super Dresssphere against a boss if you're under levelled though.

Also, I've had no desire to level up all my characters fairly evenly like I did on FFX - am I gonna regret that later or can I mainly stick with the initial three?

I stuck with the main three, also known throughout geekdom as 'YRP', for the entirity of the game - if you do this, then you'll see that they remain within 3 levels of each other the whole time. ;)

I only really swapped dress spheres for the trophy lol. You might need to use a character's Super Dresssphere against a boss if you're under levelled though.

Cheers!

Haven't figured out how to use the special dresspheres yet - need to get on Google....

I stuck with the main three, also known throughout geekdom as 'YRP', for the entirity of the game - if you do this, then you'll see that they remain within 3 levels of each other the whole time. ;)
Is it not like FFX where you can swap in the characters and they all get the same amount of XP? Or AP in the case of FFX.

Is it not like FFX where you can swap in the characters and they all get the same amount of XP? Or AP in the case of FFX.
I don't think you can change line-up mid-battle. And different 'characters' take more places - ie you can have 3 small characters (ie humanoids), 1 small and 1 medium, or just 1 large. Makes levelling up more than just the same 3 a bit of a chore.

I don't think you can change line-up mid-battle. And different 'characters' take more places - ie you can have 3 small characters (ie humanoids), 1 small and 1 medium, or just 1 large. Makes levelling up more than just the same 3 a bit of a chore.
Sounds gay, no wonder they included it as a freebie to X, lol.

That's right Mikey you can't change line up mid battle, but you can swap them out for other characters in the menu during the game.

If you want to level up then the Fiend Arena is a good place (accessed by talking to Shinra, and entering the Creature Creator menu) as you don't have to re-enter the tournaments to gain XP and AP - you can just practice against the monsters you've encountered in them. :)

Sounds gay, no wonder they included it as a freebie to X, lol.
Don't get me wrong - it's not awful. It's just not in the same league as FFX.

It has lots of recycled locations from FFX as well, so I'd be a bit peeved if I'd bought it as a full price title. Not sure if it was a full price release back in they day on PS2, but it's more like an add-on really (albeit a very lengthy one!).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom