• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Final Fantasy VIII and PS3 / PSP

Mr_Wistles

Distinguished Member
Morning all,

I downloaded FFVIII on my PS3 and I see that I can also download it on my PSP (presumably included in the price).

If I play it on the PSP is there a way to sync my save game so I can pick it up and continue on the TV?

aceytrixx

Established Member
I dunno if ps+ works for ps1 classics but there would be that maybe? Or manually copying it to the psp?

Just remember you cant run away on the psp version due to lack of r2 and l2 buttons

aceytrixx

Established Member
Well with ps+ you have cloud saving so if it works for ps1 titles then the psp could just download them and obviously upload them when its saved so you can carry on on the ps3. Or just hook the psp up via usb and copy the ps1 save across again im not 100% sure either of those would work but those are the only ways I can think of it working

DPT1976

Established Member
You can swap save games between the two. I can't remember exactly how it's done but you can connect your PSP to you PS3 by USB and then go to the PS1 memory card on the PS3 to swap them around.

The only thing is that FF VIII won't look good on your tv.

Mr_Wistles

Distinguished Member
Thanks.

I realised the look good thing when I installed it!! Looks dreadful but I want to educate my son in the awesomness of FF.

aceytrixx

Established Member
I dont think it looks all that bad really if you have your expectations set sensibly. It is a game I play every so often so maybe im just used to it. I still think its totally playable. I do want to play IX again as I remember being blown away by it back in the day.

Mr_Wistles

Distinguished Member
I never played IX as it came out just as I entered the working world and I no longer had time. I now have a 3 hour commute so I might pick it up.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom