Final Fantasy VII Advent Children

Mr_Wistles

Distinguished Member
My friend works for Pioneer and he bought round a copy of the soon to be released Final Fantasy VII Advent Children tonight.

I can safely say that it is the most breathtaking dvd I have ever seen. The picture quality had me absolutely dumbstruck, I honestly cannot see how it could be better.

I wound my mate up the whole film by saying "how can it be this good".

It made Pixar look like South Park it really is that good.

I further wound him up by stopping the film to take a few shots with my camera (the thumbs are clickable). Apologies on the quality, I am to photography what Hitler was to world peace.

I own or have owned the majority of the so called demo discs, from JP Super to Armageddon and they are not even in the same league as this.

Get this film as soon as you can, I have just preordered it from Play. This IS the disc to demo your system, the whole film is one long demo.

KevD

Cheer for that Russell :thumbsup:
I've been hearing very good things about this for a while.
Seeing the types of discs you are used too that is indeed high praise, so I have just ordered my copy and look foward to seeing it ASAP :clap:

Thanks Again :smashin:
Kevin

Razor

Distinguished Member
Been waiting a while for this one to be released. Looks stunning. :eek:

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Heard its amazing.

Been waiting a long time to get this, the jap version flew of the shelves on day of release. But no eng subs :mad:

Any ideai when one with english language/subtitles, track is being released??

ta

Mr_Wistles

Distinguished Member
End of the month on Playusa.

I think the version he had was the Japanese but Pioneer have done the translation externally as at the start it came up "translated by Pioneer".

ripclaw

Russell_Piper said:
End of the month on Playusa.

I think the version he had was the Japanese but Pioneer have done the translation externally as at the start it came up "translated by Pioneer".
Not sure about the end of the month release for this movie. It seems as if Sony is dropping the ball on this (eagerly) anticipated movie. Check out the following info from DVDTalk.com:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/anime/2005/10/whats_up_with_f.html#A PROBLEM WITH FINAL FANTASY VII: ADVENT

That is why I am not entirely sure that the date on PlayUSA (29/11/2005) is accurate. Believe me, there are a LOT of people waiting for this movie. I am hoping that there might be a Japanese release of an "International Version", similar to what they did for Ghost in the Shell 2:Innocence. We'll have to wait and see.

Joe Pineapples

Spot on animation, shame about the (lack of) story - it was like watching a series of cgi demo reels. Even having played the FF7 game and knowing what was going on, didnt really make that much difference.

Kazuya Mishima

Joe Pineapples said:
Spot on animation, shame about the (lack of) story - it was like watching a series of cgi demo reels. Even having played the FF7 game and knowing what was going on, didnt really make that much difference.
Yeah, the story disappointed me somewhat. I eventually gathered that the events took place a couple of years after FFVII - which I was unhappy about because I was expecting, and hoping for, a re-make of the FFVII game story.

Eso

Standard Member
Amazon.com have the release date as being January 10th 2006 - when I originally ordered my copy it was down for around the 25th of November 2005.

Shame it looks like it might hit a delay - quite a big one too, but it's a fantastic film and well worth the wait!

KevD

The AdventChildren.Net website has the US release marked as November here.
Both PlayUSA and Movietyme have it down as November and they're usually reliable. I really hope we dont have too wait.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Finally watched this last night. For action WOW, you cant beat it. The direction is superb and the speed is amazing. BUT for storyline, again why do they use the same type of story, ie very similar to Cassern. Superhumans looking for their mother., boring. So as a story its not great. I wish they would do a more mainstream type of story. F.F.T.S.Within was better for story.

The animation is very good, not great, a little robotic at times. The sound (5.1) is excellent, very loud. I could not wait till jan/feb for it to be released, so i got a copy from ebay, cough, for £6.50 all in, with english subs.

So just for the action alone (in the main square with the huge dragon) it worth a rental, or if you can get it cheap.

Trending threads

Top Bottom